2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-01-21T10:24:32+10:00

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Minkie – went for a search – I should have known ‘Brendon Egan’. Perhaps I should not post his write ups but he does most of the netty ones over here. The article is call Players fitness levels irk Silver Ferns Coach ahead of Constellation Cup. It’s a Stuff article.

minkie
    Participant

Don’t know why he writes our netball news, he’s always negative, creates drama when there mightnt be any. In saying that thou Noelene has voiced her frustrations at lack of fitness. So I don’t know. Some players did have injuries.

Ian Harkin

I was sure I had posted this article…

Players’ fitness levels irk Silver Ferns coach ahead of Constellation Cup

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/silver-ferns/124268434/players-fitness-levels-irk-silver-ferns-coach-ahead-of-constellation-cup

Ian Harkin
    Jinxibo
    Participant

@Maryann, @Minkie, @Ian we’re all talking about the same articles, we just need to watch the timing.

17 Feb – Ian posted the article from Brendon and there was a clip posted on youtube. The article (yes it’s the one above that Ian posted (twice) and I believe it’s the one Maryann is talking about) says both Jury and TPSR had failed the fitness test and were ineligible. The clip on youtube shows Jury in the background (around 1.42-1.44 seconds in)

18 Feb – there is another clip on youtube and Jury can been seen in he training sessions.

19 Feb – article from Brendon article saying Jury is not being considered

So in effect we are none the wiser.

Back to my original question, how reliable is Brendon, the reporter?

minkie
    Participant

Like how you do that Jinxibo, tagging, wouldn’t have a clue how to do that lol. Yeah I can see it’s the same article now. I don’t know about Brenden as a reporter, hes rarely positive.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Thanks Minkie but I copied from someone else on forum. :whistle: :whistle:

Jinxibo
    Participant

Is Dame NT playing mind games with CBass and that article?

minkie
    Participant

Lol at the tagging method
    Think any comment from NT re anybody if media written, I’d take with a grain of salt. Wait until we hear it from the horses mouth :good:

WeWood
    Participant

What I find interesting from Egan’s latest article is his ‘possible’ Ferns squad.

I would think he’s done some digging to conjure this up? And it also links back to Taurua’s previous comments about not having an even split.

I think depending how that Ferns defense end goes against the Diamonds we’ll see a lot of Kersten and Winders in the WD bib. Not sure Taurua will run Burger/Watson/Fitzpatrick across the full series or they might keel over. My 2c worth.

Shooters:
    Ameliaranne Ekenasio (c), Maia Wilson, Bailey Mes, Monica Falkner,

Midcourters:
    Gina Crampton, Claire Kersten, Sam Winders, Shannon Saunders, Kimiora Poi, Whitney Souness, Maddy Gordon,

Defenders:
    Karin Burger, Jane Watson, Sulu Fitzpatrick.

worsie
    Participant

CBass does not handle physical close marking well. A tall defender who is agile and prepared to swop sweat with her would nullify her. Jury is my choice.
    Marinkovic built her Perth side around a tall less mobile shooter. Bassett and then Fowler. Without effective long bomb shooters, I suspect Bassett will have to play a central part in the Aussie plan.

al_ex
    Participant

There are certainly areas that they need to improve, but I would definitely say that Austin and Wood are long bomb shooters. Arguably they depended on it too much, at least during SSN.

worsie
    Participant

In the professional era a shooter who wants to stand under the net and just pop the ball in is becoming a liability. Interchangeable GS/GA with an acceptable % of success from anywhere in the circle is the future.

Ian Harkin
    Baller
    Participant

Egan was right. 14 rotating players. Sticking to her fitness standards.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)