2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Why on earth would anyone with half a brain, feeling unwell, go to the doctors and then the gym? :unsure:

mcleod
      Participant

1 case in Auckland, that has a unknown source.
        Massive over reaction to send the rest of NZ (outside of Auck) into level 2 restrictions.

Kat
        Participant

I don’t know Mcleod. Electric Ave (music festival) was on in Christchurch last night, and a lot of young Aucklanders travelled to this so there is potential spread. But I do think by now regardless of age that we now know if you are unwell stay home and get a test.

mcleod
          Participant

Well I watched Rugby from Japan yesterday, packed stadium. Crowd wearing a mask.
            They still getting over 1000 cases a day.
            I’m just over the restrictions, couple people don’t follow the rules (toss them in jail for 14days)
            And the other 5 million pay the price.

Maryann
            Participant

I don’t believe it is an over reaction and I’m seriously disappointed that a person, knowing they were connected to the current cluster, would ignore symptoms for four days, go out and about, to lectures at MIT, to shops and to the gym – especially just after a covid test. Yes Auckland is sick of going up and down levels – I am mightily tired of having to re-sort my life over and over, but compared to a lot of the world and the alternative of possibly months of lockdown we have it really good.
              South and South East Auckland have thousands now who should be in isolation but its being shown that not all those who should be, are. Therefore upping the levels and closing most of the retailers is the only way to bring it under check because its the only way it seems to stop people going out.
              This time I am remotely connected to the latest outbreak by MIT association and am waiting to see the restrictions placed on myself and my family, if any. But even if they aren’t I will not be going out, even to the supermarket until 14 days are up.

Maryann
              Participant

Oh, and from what I read this morning the netball will go ahead with no crowds.

Jinxibo
                Participant

:wacko: Hmm, you many complain about your officials coming down hard and fast but that kind of response has kept the virus under control and New Zealanders have had lots of freedom.

In England we’ve been in Tier 4 lockdown since Christmas, meaning, stay at home, work from home, don’t mix with others, all entertainment venue closed and no crowds at sporting events, if the event is allowed to take place. My youngest hasn’t been to school since 15 Dec 2020.

Found out yesterday that the South African variant, you the one which may be resistant to the vaccine, has been discovered near to where my mum lives. The individual tested positive on 31 Jan, they only announced it was the South African variant on 26 Feb. Now ridiculous is that?

Send me a PM if you want to swap places with me :good: :good:
                  PS: you can throw in tickets to the game if you want :whistle: :whistle: you can have my face mask B-)

mcleod
                  Participant

Gym’s are the most grubby diseased places.
                    Bet they are not cleaned after each person touches the equipment.

Maryann
                    Participant

Gym’s are the most grubby diseased places.
                      Bet they are not cleaned after each person touches the equipment.

Not at level 1 I can guarantee unless it’s a gym keeping their cleaning requirements as if its level 4. Yesterday there was an article about NZ Post sticking to Level 2.5 in a lot of their centres – made sense to me as they handle a lot of stuff touched by a lot of people!
                      I wasn’t feeling comfortable about the Round the Bays today even at L1 with what was going on up here.

Jinxibo
                      Participant

@Mcleod – our gyms are cleanest they’ve every been. There was a zero transmission rate when they were open. My local had a cleaner wondering around wiping equipment and you were encouraged to wipe everything before an after use. The showers and changing rooms were out of bounds.

minkie
                        Participant

It’s just crazy, relying on humans common sense. Our Regional A and E had visitors from Melbourne up for the weekend. ‘Feeling unwell but we’ve a holiday home here’. A and E was packed over the weekend, a few elderly from Aged Care facilities overnight. If they catch anything it’s straight back to us and the dominoes begins. Hope your ok Maryann, and yup Jinxibo, other countries have it so much worse, it’s easy to forget.

minkie
                          Participant

The logistics of players, locations, immediate family that won’t be able to watch games live. Just sad. Auckland keeps copping it like Melbourne did.

Zara Collings
                            Participant

@jinxibo Its pretty miserable isn’t it! that also doesn’t include the month long lockdown in November and the fact some areas have been in tier 4 since October! Since November I think there’s been two weeks where restaurants have been open where I am! I’m just glad we have the vnsl and the con cup to watch! Obviously it would be better with crowds but just grateful we have something to fill our time with ?

Zara Collings
                              Participant

If any of you have heard the netty life podcast where they preview the con cup, it was interesting to hear the discussion on whether this was a play for experience job and not necessarily the win for the diamonds since there’s so many debutants. It’s interesting because England just played the Cadbury series after having to quarantine too, with not many of their big names there other than Clarke and Guthrie. The ferns squad is essentially the same with the addition of Mes and Gordon and no Jury. England took it to NZ at points in the series with arguably a much weaker squad than the diamonds will have, so I’m intrigued by the attitude that the Aussies are at such a disadvantage and are almost going in expecting to lose. They have all the big names like CBass, Watson, Weston, Hadley and Bruce. Interested to hear others thoughts on this

mcleod
                                Participant

The Ferns had injury issues for the England series. Karin Burger had a calf injury.
                                  Jane Watson on going ankle issue. Dame NT chopped and changed her team all the time.
                                  IMO if they had been fully fit, and stuck with the same 7 all game. Ferns would have steam rolled England.
                                  I think playing with no crowd will help Aussie esp in Christchurch.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 732 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top