2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

You can tell why Josh has been ANZP umpire of the year the last 2 years… he can actually count to 3 :yes:

Tully
    Participant

Why is Weston off? One of Australia’s best. Don’t have an issue with JLP on but Weston could have gone to the circle.

Garbin survives. How? Did that shot even hit the ring??

mcleod
    Participant

Well what a strange game. Diamonds 30 goals in 1st 30min, 15 in their last 30.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hmmm maybe I got excited a bit too soon with the coaching decisions… I wouldn’t have taken Weston off and I would have tried Austin and Koenan again (maybe even the other way around?) or brought Bassett on with Koenan.

mcleod
    Participant

Don’t want to be mean, but Austin has a lazy shooting style.

gwalk11
    Participant

Diamonds had a great game but looked tired at the end. Part of me thinks that Charles should have been brought on for some speed, but I also liked giving Watson and Moloney the chance to push through together.

I don’t mind the coaching decisions – she needs to know if Garbin and JLP are the right selection choices or viable bench options and she won’t unless she tries them.

Something tells me Dwan will get picked next game.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Aust 45-36

Koenen 29/34 (85%)
    Austin 13/24 (54%)
    Garbin 3/6 (50%)

Wilson 32/38 (84%)
    Mes 3/5 (60%)
    Falkner 1/2 (50%)

Gains: 15-15 (J Watson 7)
    Penalties: NZ 58-49 (Bruce 12)
    Turnovers: NZ 29-19 (Wilson 5)

Big turnaround. 1-1 with 2 to play!

WeWood
    Participant

Down by 9 at the end of the first quarter, finish the game 45-36..

That third quarter there was real fight back from the Ferns and they had the chance to take it to 6-7 which would have been interesting. In the end I think the Aussies rang out of puff and 9 goals was flattering for our side.

We missed Ekenasio, but we need to see other options beside her and Wilson. TPSR would have been nice to have, she could have been there if she passed the fitness test.. 4/6 from your GAs across 60 minutes isn’t enough.

It works for the Ferns when they release the ball on the first second.

Tully
    Participant

I would have liked to have seen Jenner on at GD or even Weston moved there. Bruce was losing impact. But I guess Stacey didn’t want to take her future captain off…. :whistle:

Great to see Moloney stand up and deliver internationally. There I was dropping her from the 12.

Liz Watson. Star.

Koenen. Brilliant. Hopefully the start of a great international career.

WeWood
    Participant

Just watching the Sky highlights package and a lot of the footage shows Ferns passing laterally and the Diamonds coming through for the steal, or flat feet/stuck in the mud and the Aussies picking off the ball.

NB12
    Participant

I feel like Stacey left Koenen at GS because she is clearly stamping her authority there as for next in line. I’m glad she did that.

I feel for Garbin, the shot just wasn’t on. I do think she was available a lot of the time though and needed the ball to be let go. The feeders didn’t seem to trust how strong she is on the take. I hope she gets another opportunity with Proud and Hadley, but in saying that, the shots need to go in.

Austin seemed to get tired and so did her shot. That’s definitely her biggest work on.

Back 3 played so well but I hold my breath every time Weston has the ball.

al_ex
    Participant

Austin looked very tired after the half time break. Even when she came back on the accuracy wasn’t there and just looked a bit slow. Koenen was excellent all game and should start on Saturday. I would be tempted to play her a bit at GA either with Garbin or Bassett at GS. Austin needs a break and I think Bassett and Garbin both deserve second chances. Garbin still has a long way to go before she’s an international GA, play her in GS where she can compete in the air.

I think it was wise to play JLP at WD just to give Weston a rest and see what she can do there. Moloney faded in the second half so I think JLP could have been used there but it was probably better to keep those attacking connections.

I’d keep the same 12 for Saturday except Proud for Charles. Nothing against Verity’s performance yesterday but I think they need to try some new attacking midcourt options and Moloney, Watson and Koenen’s connection needs to continue to build.

The Ferns missed Ekenasio and were surprising undisciplined. I’d like to see Mes at GS, Wilson has just not quite done it for me this series.

JR
    Participant

What a game of two halves….Watson (both of them) so fantastic to watch. And loved watching Koenen too, great movement. Austin tired and needed to pass rather than shoot. Garbin was in the wrong position and her shot was so nervous.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 732 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)