2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a similar jinx Minkie – if i watch a full game we seem to lose but when I drop in at half time we manage to pull through. Noted for Saturday 😂

JR
    Participant

I feel the same way about Wilson Minkie; thought I was wrong about her when I watched her play so impressively in the ANZP in 2020. She had really changed her game and was moving so much more. But, and I might be wrong, she seems to have gone back to her holding game. Maybe the Australian defenders have been able to stop her movement; but it’s not as if the NZ defenders aren’t great too.

Ian Harkin

minkie
    Participant

Interesting we had similar thoughts re Maia
    Here’s hoping by not watching game creates a miracle lol

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
    mcleod
    Participant

Crowds will be allowed for the final game. Expect a sell out.

minkie
    Participant

In Chch thou
    Sad for the family who missed out from Aucks
    Chch families were allowed game 2

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Two different articles come to memory after reading these comments. One was an interview with Maia Wilson about how Noelene told her she could play Ga for the ferns if she trained hard enough. So apparently she was being trained up as a sort of backup GA…

Second article and in a similar vein was in our WA newspaper about a week ago and was an interview of Garbin. They asked her about the upcoming CC and she said how she was loving it because she was being trained up as a GA. So it sounded like that was Stacey’s focus abd I find it interesting when you have a brilliant and unusual GS…

but I’m not a head coach so can’t comment on either!! Just thought I’d mention it….

TB
    Participant

I still found it a bit strange that Gordon was used at WD. Thought she would have been put into C, with Kersten or Winders at WD. I thought her speed could have helped in attack.

Never really thought of Maia Wilson as a GA. But when she played there in the Cadbury series, she did really well. I don’t feel there’s any need for her to play there for the Ferns.

Would like to see Garbin given a run at GS for the Diamonds. Preferably with either Proud or Hadley (to partner with Watson), as they would have a connection.

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 732 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)