2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 732 total)
  • Author

Bench players:

Australia: Bassett, Charles, Garbin, Jenner, Price
    New Zealand: Burger, Falkner, Mes, Poi, Saunders

WeWood
    Participant

Back space is on for the Ferns to start the second.

Ferns’s defence don’t have an answer to the Australian shooters. Would like to see Burger on the court.

Tully
    Participant

What was wrong with Weston? Ferns are hitting circle edge and looking much more confident in letting the ball go into the circle.

Tully
    Participant

I’d like to see Price in C. Moloney is missing on the feed and connection to the circle. I’d also like to see Bruce on Wilson. Wilson on top of Klau.

Tully
    Participant

Why did Moloney run back to the C? Called as held and Australia lose the CP to start the second.

JR
    Participant

Weston – blood rule.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by JR.
    WeWood
    Participant

Watson back to GK
    For mine Winders isn’t doing much to stop Liz Watson in her tracks. Unsure if Kersten there is the answer but might be good to watch from the sideline?
    Bring Poi onto C. To find the space in the Ferns shooting third we need to give the ball on the first second. Kersten is hesitant and it’s allowing the Diamonds to cover the movement and cut off the pass.
    Gee whiz Koenen and Austin are a smooth combination. Beautiful to watch.

WeWood
    Participant

@Tully I didn’t think Maloney got called for held. This Diamonds have the centre pass to start the third quarter.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Aust 29-24

Cara Koenen 17/20 (85%)
    Kiera Austin 12/15 (80%)

Maia Wilson 17/18 (94%)
    Ameliaranne Ekenasio 7/8 (88%)

Gains: Aust 6-3
    Penalties: Aust 25-21
    Turnovers: NZ12-8

Australia on top, but not dominant. NZ could easily come back from here

Jbss
    Participant

With experience and exposure these young combinations are going to be amazing!! Love it, I dont think we’ll see Jenner today but maybe tomorrow would be a nice chance to play her for 60 minutes with someone like Bruce in GK and Weston or Simpson in WD to support. If Australia win today it might be a good opportunity tomorrow for Garbin to get on at GS as well.

gwalk11
    Participant

So impressed with Koenen and Austin – for a little while it looked like NZ defence had worked them out, but not so.

Great game so far. Interested to see if Aus make any changes.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by gwalk11.
    Tully
    Participant

I’m loving watching Austin flourish. Last game she fell away in the second half so hopefully she can keep it up.

Tully
    Participant

@weeood I thought Bowring called held… we will see shortly.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

The way Austin plays is such that she constantly mixes up her game between fast and slow so it means she’s forever keeping her opponent guessing. It means it’ll have been harder to watch footage and learn her “tricks”. Although Koenan 0plays more of a trick in her game and she’s still able to pull out a few today with Austin’s help.

AllieC
    Participant

The umpire did call “3 seconds” so Aus lose centre pass.I thought Moloney delayed as much as possible getting to the centre and on the screen it was 1-2 seconds when she walked in but obviously that clock was slightly out.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 732 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)