2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Why oh why is Stacey so against playing Bassett?

I’m not saying Austin and Koenan have no chance of finishing this game well but they were shocking in the latter half of the last quarter so why wouldn’t you try five minutes of Bassett and see if it helps?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Austin needs to hold, she tries to move around too much even though she’s now at GS. Just pulled an offensive contact. I am usually a fan of Austin but I’m being harsh because a change has been needed for a while now and all we’re seeing are some poor coaching decisions. I knew I wasn’t going to like Stacey’s coaching decisions for this team…

JoDe
    Participant

Stacey consistently makes bizarre changes….

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Weston on at WD… no attacking changes?

Tully
    Participant

Weston back on. Why was she taken off??

I’ll be surprised if it is the match winning change though. NZ shooters have their confidence now and the feeders are releasing it.

JoDe
    Participant

Excellent umpiring! And commentating!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

But the change just needs to help with having a target in attack. Diamonds need to win by 2, that’s not a massive amount to make up.

Tully
    Participant

I wonder why they have Jenner in the 12. May as well have had another of the midcourters.

gwalk11
    Participant

The GS/Ga swap looks great but it isn’t going to matter if we can’t win ball in defence. What do we have to lose? Put Jenner on and see what happens!!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Charles with a HELD BALL BECAUSE WE ARE STRUGGLING IN ATTACK STACEY.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Diamonds were perfectly capable of winning this match with a few positional changes as the game went on. This loss could have been avoided if it weren’t for some really bizarre and poor coaching decisions.

gwalk11
    Participant

The attack change in the circle should have happened at half time, before the Austin exhaustion spiral. We needed Weston or Jenner in GD at the final quarter.

We have our starting 7 but that doesn’t matter if we lose the second half. Stacey needs to be braver with the bench.

Tully
    Participant

Well this was predictable. Australia too slow to make changes. Then they make bizarre ones. Leave the problems out there.

Charles brought good energy.

Austin’s best 60 minute effort. She is growing into the role well. Once she has Wood and Tippett back she can grow as an impact player. Thrown in the deep end here as was Koenen.

Why didn’t Australia try one of their great GDs in GD? Eke ran her own show.

Eke should be MVP.

WeWood
    Participant

Really enjoyed YMD’s commentary. Insightful but doesn’t over talk.

Also, enjoying Kirstie Stanway in interviews, etc. It’s actually good having someone who is a trained journalist as part of the coverage. For those of you who don’t recognize her, she’s usually involved in the Super Rugby coverage. A last minute call-up due to the changing COVID levels.

al_ex
    Participant

The positional swap worked but it should have come earlier. Everyone knew that the 7 that started the match were prone to getting run over, and once the Ferns got their confidence it was pretty much done. 27-19 should never have become 28-30. Very disappointing that both the players and Marinkovich didn’t identify this in the three matches where it occurred.

The Ferna are such a great side when they get their confidence up. Absolutely deserving winners, and I think they’ve really found the core of their squad going forward. Poi stepped up in a way I didn’t know she could.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 732 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)