2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was one of the lucky 3000 who got to watch up close.
      Wat a ripper of a game, the crowd in the final Q, soooo loud.
      The Burger change was a winner. Maia in the final Q outstanding.
      Poi’s 1st full game, started a bit slow, but great 2nd half.

JR
      Participant

Sounds like a good idea, but on the Match Day report, linked above, the mention they are flying home tomorrow. Maybe with lockdown over, the bubble will be implented immediately, but I haven’t seen that in the papers here today.

mcleod
            Participant

I’m guessing the Diamonds will fly from Chch to Sydney, so having not been in Auckland, they won’t need to MIQ.
              Excpet the Perth people, as WA seems to been a different country.

Maryann
              Participant

What a series.
                McLeod, glad that you made it to the game.

Koenen was impressive in all games. Austin looked like she wasn’t quite fit enough to go a whole game, hard to read her face (maybe like TPSR in that she stays pretty much poker faced all game and looks tired).
                If the Diamonds had made more changes the players legs would have been much fresher and I also can’t understand why Bruce didn’t go to GK and Weston to GD. Klau couldn’t hold Wilson in the last quarter – Wilson is, in the words of NT, ‘a beast’.

Everyone travelling from NZ has to QT in Australia atm, not just those from Auckland. Auckland is still at Level 2 and the bubble hasn’t reopened before without all NZ being in Level 1. Thats at least another week away. I was under the impression that QT was a done deal for the Diamonds, no matter what level NZ was at. I thought I read that in an article posted somewhere on here.

Baller
                Participant

Big thanks to the Diamonds for going through quarantine, alert levels and an earthquake. All four matches were highly entertaining.

This was a missed opportunity over the series to trial different combinations in real time by Marinkovich. Bassett truly is on the out, prematurely?

Taurua – Grand Chess Master once again.

Both teams are missing players; Bueta, Woods, Karaka, Rore to name few. Birmingham 2022 is going to be tight!!

mcleod
                  Participant

Reading the travel restrictions to Aus. The Diamonds will not have to do MIQ, and that’s the same for the Aus Cricket team, they fly home tonight.
                    The Cricket lads will not have to MIQ as have not been in Auckland, same as the Diamonds.
                    That was the reason they didn’t play game 3 and 4 in Tauranga.

Silver Ferns 4th test press conference!

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Does anyone know what happened to the international streaming? the replay is not available on the NZ streaming site.

Jinxibo
                        Participant

Well played Ferns and well done NT.

I really thought the Ferns would struggle with only 3 circle defences but once again NT showed why she is a Dame and come up with some master tactics.

Interesting, I’m now beginning to wonder about SM’s gameplan. I’m gathering form the comments here that she didn’t have one.

Personally, I’m glad she didn’t play Jenner, cause the penalty count would have been higher

Jinxibo
                          Participant

@WeWood, you didn’t mention any defenders in your synopsis of those who need a big ANZP? Jury, Tem and Karaka come to mind. Rore may step down from the international game and NT will want another defender.

I agree about Faulkner but as said previously she is returning from injury. Grace, Gordon and Tiana M can concentrate on the U21 WC for now.

The Comm games are going to be soo interesting…
                            – it’s the only trophy missing from NTs cabinet,
                            – the Roses will be desperate to retain it especially on home ground,
                            – the Diamonds are desperate to win something,
                            – Jam are a wounded and have a lot of prove and
                            – SA are building for the next NWC

Jinxibo
                            Participant

Last thoughts, is the Diamonds tendency to fade in the second half a consequence of SSN?

You know the rolling subs every 5mins, meaning you can empty the tank and have an instant break and the time outs every quarter. There’s no doubting the Diamonds are netball fit but at international level they have to run hard for a full 15 mins.

I was struck by something Liz Ellis said about the Diamonds person to person marking wearing teams down, I’m not convinced that they still have the ability to that B-)

NNZ are very unhappy with their streaming provider. all the problems they’ve had aren’t NNZ’s fault. They hope to at least get replays up on the site. In the meantime the replays should be on the Netball live app.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 732 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top