2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – NZ v AUST (March)2021-03-29T09:09:17+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 732 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Saunders is there.

The midcourt is certaintly going to be competitive which is why I predict NT might select a slightly larger midcourt.

Going by the Stuff photo – yes we are going to be defensively light.

Zara Collings
      Participant

I’d be interested to see the final squad if it’s going to be “doing things differently”

My current picks are

Wilson
        Ekenasio
        Faulkner
        + Mes if she is fit

I’d like to see more of Faulkner esp thinking about the future to work with Maia and Eke. I’m unconvinced about TPSR I always want to back her but I do find her a bit hit and miss.

Crampton
        Saunders
        Burger
        Gordon
        Sinclair
        Poi

Really would like to see Gordon and Poi included if they are going to go heavier on the mid court, poi was excellent in the nations cup and I think it would be great for Maddy to get exposure as she’s definitely a future ferns star. Sinclair is my experienced ferns head to balance out my youngsters!

Watson
        Jury
        Temalisi

I have one space left which would go to a defender I just don’t know which one yet! Would be interesting to see who has missed out from the fitness testing

Zara Collings
          Participant

I can’t see Temalisi or Kelly Jury that huddle, unless she’s now got highlights and is the gk in the yellow bib and I’m blind ?

WeWood
            Participant

Jinixbo I’m pretty sure Poi is between Souness and Hume (wearing the GA bib) in that shot.

I’m especially interested in the midcourt because for mine Sinclair and Kersten finished the TJ Series in the starting seven. There was no room for Burger or Saunders in that midcourt and Poi and Gordon didn’t even make the 12.

Jinxibo
              Participant

@baller,@WeWood, I was talking about the twitter clip. The one that gave an insight into the ferns camp.

I haven’t had a chance look at the stuff article yet.

It’s nearly midnight in the UK I’ll check it out in the morning.

minkie
                Participant

Highlights, think is Amelia’s, could see Tem either, hope she made it thru. Obviously there’s a gag on who the
                  5 are.

James
                  Participant

I think she is going to go 3/6/3. In her interview she highlighted midcourt
                    My picks would be:
                    Ekenasio
                    Wilson
                    Mes
                    Saunders
                    Poi
                    Crampton
                    Kersten
                    Souness
                    Burger
                    Watson
                    Jury
                    Fitzpatrick

al_ex
                    Participant

It’s a shame we didn’t see more of Falkner against England. She’s the first back up for NZL right now and it’s a pretty big ask to throw her in against the likes of Westin/Bruce/Klau/Mannix. Ekenasio and Wilson are dominant but the point of these series is to build depth.

The NZL midcourt is very deep and Taurua showed that she really wanted to give the wider squad opportunities in the Cadbury and England Series so I think we’ll see at least 5 if not 6 in the 12. I still think it’s such a shame Pederson got left out of the squad and NZA, she had a terrible grand final but was really a standout across the ANZP season.

mcleod
                      Participant

My 12 so far are.
                        Ekenasio
                        Wilson
                        Falkner
                        Mes

Crampton
                        Heffernan
                        Poi
                        Kersten

Burger
                        Watson
                        Fitzpatrick
                        ????. Fitness issues have made the defence a problem. I want to put Jury there but!!!!

Mes will be the shooter/WA option. So Souness might be left out.
                        Heffernan as a bolter, that allows Burger to be at GD.

Maryann
                        Participant

Jinxibo I feel your pain as we had 5? weeks like that last year followed by more restrictions for a few weeks, then again in August/Sept (about 3-4 weeks) and now waiting to see what happens after our 3 new cases in NZ (I’m Auckland where most of the QT hotels are right in the CBD). Stay strong 🙂

Maryann
                          Participant

Who are the players standing to the right and left of Sulu?

No Nweke, Dunn, Mikaere, Bird, Fakahokotau, Jury in that shot.

Maryann
                            Participant

Add TPSR to the missing. Some of the above might have not been at the trials either.

JR
                              Participant

Jinxibo, I am sorry to read how you are feeling. Here in Melbourne we had two lockdowns, the first was across the country, but the second one was Melbourne (and a nearby regional area) and it was LONG and restricted. I taught from home for 8 months…went back to work the first day and the soles of my feet were stinging at the end of the day…cos I hadn’t worn shoes for a whole day for 8 months, it was 8 months…and I wasn’t wearing stilettos, they were middle aged woman’s ‘ugly’ sandals!!

Yes stay strong. :heart:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by JR.
                                minkie
                                Participant

Yeah we’ve gone through just a pittance of what the UK has. Nephew was lucky to get home to NZ before Xmas. Feel for you Brits, so much loss of life and hardship.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 732 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top