2021 Netball Legends Series – England v Superleague All Stars

2021 Netball Legends Series – England v Superleague All Stars2021-01-15T21:14:46+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Zara Collings
            Participant

The blow out happened when Sam May and Jo Tripp were taken off, you’re right Ian. I don’t think the Fisher and Housby combo worked as well as it probably should have done so would like to see that again and improve.
              Ellie Cardwell was great, so was SDL when she came on bar a few silly passes. Good to see Quashie play well too and got some great ball so well deserved player of the match

Fluffy
                  Participant

So so pleased to see Cobden back on court again – she looked great, all things considered. Housby and Fisher can only improve, the more they play together and what a luxury to think that we also have Harten to add back into the mix. Who loses out if they take four shooters to CWG? Or do they take SDL too and use her as a GA/WA? SO good to see.

Quashie and Guscoth were impressive, and I can’t wait to see Guscoth and Mentor combining.

For the Allstar team, Leota was insane – her speed of thought and quick hands were a joy to watch. And her combo with Joyce definitely paid dividends. Allison is definitely a great pick up for Wasps: she’s not afraid to put up the shots either, which is good news for Jamaica. Will be intriguing to see how much better they are once they’ve had some more time together with Karen G: think they surprised a lot of people.

Wow, hadn’t realised how much I’d missed watching live games! :good:

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Well, Roses really need to work on their combos and connections. The HH/Fisher/Nat H and Serena combo didn’t work! :scratch: it like no one knew how to feed Fisher. There were times when HH just seemed to be running from one side of the circle to the other, no one gave her the ball :wacko: and circle defenders where able to cover both her and Fisher without moving. Also Fisher seemed to be holding and waiting for the overhead ball/lob all the time then she usually pops forward. Having said all of that both Sam May and Jo Trip were excellent. Trip intercepted a low pass into the shooter at the very first centre pass and she continued to that throughout the game. I did wonder if May’s tight marking prevented Fisher popping forward but May practically took her out of the game in the first quarter.

On the whole it was nice to have some live netball :good: :good:

Jinxibo
                        Participant

Oh I should mention Gezelle Allison and Rebekah Robinson. Pam Cookey made some good points, namely they have both been in and out of the JAM squad but they have had little or no court time, internationally would have always fed a tall shooter and this was their chance to shine.

Have to admit they didn’t shine for me but Allison did sink a really good long bomb and she had some nice passes. I won’t mention the footwork and awful short shot she did when the game was very tight.

Zara Collings
                              Participant

Starting 7
                                Quashie
                                Williams
                                Guthrie
                                Malcolm
                                Haythornthwaite
                                Housby
                                Cardwell

Zara Collings
                                Participant

Cardwell and Housby linking well together so far, although Cardwell has missed a few relatively straightforward looking shots.
                                  Malcolm is looking solid early on in c

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top