2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches2021-03-26T17:00:48+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Giants should have a much better season. Fitzgerald is taking a very different approach to the other teams and limiting use of TPs so really bedding down combinations in her core 10. For me it comes down to how strong their defense is and how much ball they can win. I too think they need to use Brandley – McDonnell. Hopefully one of them can become the strike defender they need.

No idea what to expect from Lightning. They weren’t great last year and are arguably weaker on paper. So much depends on Wood but also how their midcourt goes without Langman. Cassidy is a good pickup but they need more out of Scherian who wasn’t great in 2020. I wonder if we might see Wood play some WA this year. Hopefully Unie is okay as I had thought she’d push for the starting WD bib ahead of McCaulliffe. They do seem to lack some midcourt firepower compared to say Swifts, Giants, Vixens or even Collingwood.

Were Lightning missing anyone tonight? I know Wood is just back from injury so will be much better come season start. How long have their defenders been out of quarantine?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Really feel for Unie if it is an ACL, she worked so hard to get a contract only to go down injured in the pre season

aqua301
    Participant

It’s really irked me how JLP was unnecessarily physical with Cassidy in the Giants v Lightning game. Was it just me who noticed this?

amandalouise
    Participant

you weren’t the only one who noticed!

Ian Harkin

Here’s the live stream of tonight’s Collingwood v Thunderbirds match…

Tully
    Participant

Are the numbers on the side of the dresses this year the order they were signed?

If so… Garrett is number 1 so makes me wonder if the delisting by Collingwood and then signing by TBirds happened in that order after all. Garrett just had a great quarter.

Gooden is playing well and has improved a lot.

TBirds look good. Throw in Potgeiter, McDonald and Van Dermewe and things look bright for Adelaide.

But then I thought that last year for them … B-)

Edit: they’ve had a shocker of a start to the fourth so already making me look silly :wacko:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tully.
    Ian Harkin

Waylay
    Participant

Shooting stats for tonight’s game Tbirds vs Magpies.

Nelson: 15/16 94%
    Sinclair: 17/21. 81% (Super shot: 7/9)
    McCollin: 7/10. 70% (Super shot: 2/4)

Gooden: 37/45. 82%
    Horjus: 13/15. 87% (Super Shot: 1/2)

13-11 magpies
    27-26 tbirds
    39-36 tbirds
    51-48 tbirds

Ian Harkin

Jen
    Participant

Is anyone at the Firebirds Magpies game? Hows everyone looking?

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Live stream of both Vixens v TBirds games in Ballarat this weekend can be viewed on the Vixens Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/melbournevix

JR
    Participant

Oh thanks Ian, did think of going but have to study. This will be a good alternative.

Ian Harkin

Giants are currently playing Firebirds and you can see it on the Giants Facebook page…

https://www.facebook.com/GIANTSNetball

AllieC
    Participant

This is a really good match so far. 32 all at half time. Giants without Austin (Dwyer going really well) and Parmenter. Tilly McDonnell is having a great game as well. Poolman is there in her dress but I don’t think she has taken the court yet.

Harten looks like she is going to snot Jenner LOL. Plenty of “physicality” going on.

Rav is playing really well and is going to kill it this season. Looks happy and super fit. Bueta swapping in and out with Dwan and looking good also. Simpson has had some good gains and seems to be back to her old form.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches