2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches2021-03-26T17:00:48+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Both teams look great. The two Dw Dwan and Dwyer fit into their circles nicely. Good to see Bueta back.

Mcdonald is a great moving GK, much better than Poolman. Jenner and Hinchcliff . Romelda looks past it, dare I say it.

Tully
    Participant

Only watched parts of the match on and off. Giants are looking very slick. Great win without Austin and Parmenter. Their TPs had a great run today and overall they are outstanding. I’d be inclined to say they have the best TPs in the comp and as we have seen in years gone by that depth is so important. I’ll be paying attention over the next few years to see how Annie Miller develops. Don’t think she would be too far off a contract.

FBs also looking strong just not quite as slick as Giants. Can see Jenner having a big year. Wonder if Dwan could play WA? Probably not.

al_ex
    Participant

It seemed quite obvious to me towards the end that Bueta was a bit confused by how to play the super shot periods, I’m sure it will come because the rest of her game was excellent but something to work on for sure. I’d like to see more of her in GS with Dwan at GA as well, Aiken was shaky at times.

I think we’ll see a lot of Dwyer, especially during the super shot periods. Simply an excellent player, her development has been so quick. Miller, McDonell and Hay have improved a lot as well, so much NSW talent coming through now.

It’s always quite astonishing to me how year after year Poolman always seems to get the better of Aiken. I can’t think of another matchup between two players of such different classes being so lopsided. Maybe Mikaere and Bassett?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Gooden’s shot just as shaky as last year… two missed shots in a row to start the game. Hopefully she just needs a few minutes to ease in.

Weston seems to be rested at the moment so it’s Smith at WD and Eddy at GD.

MacDonald injured of course so she won’t play today so Horjus is at WA.

Honey at WA for Watson. So far the attack is going well for Vixens, just a slight absence of that clinical and fluid manner we usually see. But in time it should gel well.

Early 9-4 lead to the Vixens

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Eddy/Mannix circle is making the shooters work very hard. Sterling hasn’t missed a beat but seems to be missing someone like Guscoth in front of her. I’m curious to see what type of role Garrett will take on at GD. I’ve heard pretty good things about Wilson and she is a GD so I’m hoping we get to see her as well.

For some reason they don’t seem to be implementing the super shot. Shooters are taking them but they’re being added as though they’re worth 1 point.

QTR Time: Vixens 16-10

caribou
    Participant

Vixens up 16-10 at quarter time. Some great defensive work in the last 5 minutes (or Mannix time as it’s more commonly known)

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Interesting change, Horjus to GA and with no McDonald, Petty has to come on at WA. I think Petty is literally the only
    Choice for captain this year but it’s so odd because I don’t think she’ll get heaps of court time.

Wilson on at GK for Sterling. Would’ve preferred to see her at GD with Sterling but so far I’m liking what I’m seeing. She’s not afraid to go for a little hunt.

Vixens lead 22-11 early in the second

AllieC
    Participant

MelbourneVixens 16 Tbirds 10 at 1/4 time. Pretty messy so far. Attack end for Vixens taking awhile to settle. Moloney doing a world of work, Stanton behind a lot of the time and not an option, Honey seems nervous and has made a few errors.

5 minutes into the 2nd quarter and Vixens are up 22-11. Some great defensive work by Mannix, Eddy and Smith

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

An Interesting change, Horjus to GA and with no McDonald, Petty has to come on at WA. I think Petty is literally the only
    Choice for captain this year but it’s so odd because I don’t think she’ll get heaps of court time.

Wilson on at GK for Sterling. Would’ve preferred to see her at GD with Sterling but so far I’m liking what I’m seeing. She’s not afraid to go for a little hunt.

Vixens lead 22-11 early in the second

al_ex
    Participant

There was a bit of criticism when Stanton got signed but I think she’s been doing a great job for the Vixens thus far. She’s a great athlete, a strong target, is quite patient and is happy to put up shots. Definitely improvements are necessary to her accuracy and her playmaking, but she’s on the right track.

I think this season might make or break Moloney’s Diamonds career. If she can step up and lead she will really have proven herself. So far so good.

The Vixens defence has been great so far, although the T’Birds have been quite undisciplined. At this early stage it’s still looking like Collingwood and T’Birds are a level behind the other six teams, with the possible exception of Lightning.

JR
    Participant

They’re talking about the 2 point shot, but I cannot see a line on the court indicating the 2 point zone. But T’Birds get a 2 point shot on the half time buzzer and are now within 7.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Potgieter surprised me, two super shots in the last minute or so of that quarter
    (even though one didn’t fall through before the buzzer).

Nankivell is going to be such a rock for the Thunderbirds this season. Really consistent and can run forever. Horjus is getting there too. Hopefully with McDonald back, the only real gap will be at GD. And hopefully that’s just a case of working on combinations.

Vixens attack is slowly coming together. Stanton is working well with Kumwenda and I think with a bit of work to fine tune a few areas, the Vixens will be well on their way to having a strong shooting circle.

The two point shot like is there but it’s just hard to see as there are a few different lines on this court for different sports.

AllieC
    Participant

Hmm, I’m not loving Stanton so far. Doesn’t seem to be an option often meaning Moloney is having to do so much work. Her combination with MJ works well sometimes and others she is trying to go for the same space. Hopefully they’ll work it out before the season starts. I hate the 2 point shot but if Vixens doesn’t have someone confident to go for them, it’s going to hurt in close games.

For Tbirds, I think Van De Merve is doing well and putting a lot of pressure on, Nankiville is doing a lot of work in C, Horjus a much better option at GA than Gooden, Potgeiter is having a quietism game with Mannix contesting really well on her.

JR
    Participant

I was looking for a line much closer to the circle; now I can see it clearly – half way between the circle line and the post. What a joke. Forgot it was such a big area.

I have no sound; anyone else having the same problem?

Tully
    Participant

Mundy on at WA is the only Vixens change. A shootout for the final spot? Mundy had want to be a tonne better than in Syd ey otherwose it’s Honey by a country mile.

Eddy will be the Vixens MVP this year.
    How long till she is in a Diamonds dress? I wonder if Weston will slot back in at WD.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches