2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches2021-03-26T17:00:48+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Why did Dehaney not play? Wasn’t even on the bench whilst Weston was. Looking at her IG Dehaney travelled to Ballarat. Surely Mannix and Eddy won’t play two full games back to back coming back from injury.

amyrmy
    Participant

I think the commentators mentioned that Dehaney went to Ballarat with the team but got sick.

Tully
    Participant

Thank you :-)

Hopefully they can get Gabby Coffey to Ballarat for tomorrow’s game so they can spread the workload.

NZChampion
    Participant

I still think in both games teams weren’t utilising the 2 point as much as they could. Only a preseason matches though. So they should be more competitive once the season starts.

Looking forward to the rematch today.

Tully
    Participant

TBirds had quite a few super shots I thought. Potgeiter had two, Austin at least one. Pretty sure Horjus had a couple. Not sure Vixens even attempted one. Stanton definitely can shoot from that range and Kumwenda shot surprisingly well from the super shot area last so hopefully they both attempt it today. Barkmeyer looked scared to shoot. I’d like to see McDonald get a quarter or two as if they want a feeder she is a better playmaker than Barkmeyer. Barkmeyer may be a stronger shooter but that doesn’t mean much if you don’t go to the post. Nothing stops Vixens from changing their game day 10 during the season and selecting a TP over a contracted player even if it is somewhat unlike what they have done historically. Also if they do go back to teams of 12 they need to know what McDonald can offer.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

While we’re chatting pre-season matches, Fever beat a mixed origin men’s side yesterday. I didn’t see that result coming as historically they haven’t won against a similar group -but sounds like they did well yesterday. And apparently they used Cosh in GA a bit….

caribou
    Participant

Looks like Gabby Coffey has joined Vixens for today’s game. Kadie must still be unwell.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by caribou.
    Ian Harkin

NZChampion
    Participant

Good game so far. Bit scrappy.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by NZChampion.
    caribou
    Participant

Tbirds 37 Vixens 22 at half time

AllieC
    Participant

Scrappy game and Vixens struggling in attack. Glad they are trying different combinations though – this is the time to do it. I like McDonald’s movement and hope she stays on.

Tbirds showing some good signs for this season.

caribou
    Participant

Tbirds 51 Vixens 40 at three quarter time.
    Both defended winning a lot of ball. And have I mentioned recently how much I hate the super shot?

caribou
    Participant

Tbirds win 70-51.

NZChampion
    Participant

I’m not sure if Stanton is the answer in the super shot time. But her general play is okay in normal time.

Moloney sure has her work cut out this season. Defensively Potgeiter really got the better of Mannix. As did Stirling over Kumwenda.

Stacks of midcourters to choose from for both teams..

Even though T Birds won this game convincingly, I can still see them struggling in the season. Good game though.

netballmum
    Participant

I’m fairly sure Stanton is not a long term option unless she learns to play for the team. She is blocking so many leads of the others and always looking to give and go when she should be giving and clearing. She is certainly being given every opportunity to impress. There were flashes of what is required yesterday, today not so much.

Looks like Moloney m@y have picked up a knee niggle – hopefully minor.

Going to be a frustrating year for VIX supporters!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN Pre-Season Matches