2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL2021-08-20T12:37:23+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agreed nanator!
    By far the best and most underrated WA this season. Imagine a combo of her and Watson in WA/C for the diamonds.

enozlas
    Participant

I usually don’t rate Poolman very highly but she is all over it this game. Fowler looks lost which she never does and feeders can’t find her.

Ian Harkin

Very good passage of play from the Giants. Forcing Fever into error and converting with short sharp passes. Remembering that the stat to look at is turnovers. To beat Fever, Giants have to keep turnovers to a minimum. Giants 24-17.

nanator
    Participant

Jamie Lee Price not bad, but theres a lot of pickup ball and she’s standing idly….

nanator
    Participant

Another intercept for Parmenter! This is the Parmenter – Hay show!

mcleod
    Participant

Shocking game from Fowler

enozlas
    Participant

Scary that I think Giants are owning this quarter but only up by 8. This is what I hate about super shots they make the first 10 minutes almost pointless if you drain a few.

Ian Harkin

Giants call a timeout. Not sure that’s a great idea. They’ve got Fever rattled just at the moment. Anyway, it’s Giants 29-21.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Giants 35-27

Harten 18/23, Dwyer 14/16
    Fowler 21/23, Glasgow 1/3

A vital super shot with seconds to go from Fowler. Before that, Dwyer had made the lead 10. Charles was benched with 4 turnovers to her name. Fowler has 6! Maddie Hay 17 assists already!

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

To everyone else who wants Fever to lose a bit more than the Giants, I’m with you. Hopefully Giants can stick it out tonight.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a NSW derby final, would also be great for those in NSW lockdown!

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hard to bench Fowler when you’ve barely tested the other options…

enozlas
    Participant

I think the two NSW teams, similar to vixens last season, just have that little bit more to play for. I hope giants can hold on. Fever have a very entitled energy about them that makes them easy to dislike.

I actually said to my housemate I think fever should roll the dice in the power play and bench Fowler just to see if it’s even an option in the second half if things get worse… SM doesn’t have the guts though I don’t think.

Ian Harkin

Where to from here? Fever can definitely come back. Giants led by 8 at 1/2 time in rd5 and Fever came back to win. They need to be more patient, both with the ball and without it. Giants need to continue pressuring in defence and the short sharp passes in attack.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL