2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL2021-08-20T12:37:23+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Full Time: Giants 64-61

nanator
    Participant

Eeeeeek, that should have really been a 10 goal win from the Giants! But that was amazing!

Never seen a team dominate Fever like that in a long time. Looking forwrd to NSW Derby – so much heart!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Giants managed to hold on but the supershot could have changed the game and given Fever an undeserved win. Imagine…

Ian Harkin

Was a little bit ironic seeing Giants desperately hanging on while another team narrowed the gap through super shots. They definitely got nervous in that last Q, but they really did deserve to win as they were clearly the better team for most of the game.

enozlas
    Participant

Really shows that the Fever are a one-woman show. No Fowler = no victory.
    Can’t wait for a GF derby! There will be a bit of feeling in it that’s for sure.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Nissan Player of the Match – Sam Poolman

nanator
    Participant

I’d love to see Hay WA, Watson C for the Diamonds. I think that’s the future!

mcleod
    Participant

A all Sydney final being played in Brisbane.

Ian Harkin

For those that think they simply go by NNP in choosing player of the match, Sam Poolman has deservedly got the nod today despite having the lowest NNP in the whole Giants team.

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

It’s a shame for Fever and their fans that they haven’t managed to win an SSN Final with some of their great rosters over the years. But I do think it highlights that having one game plan – in this case, get it to Fowler – doesn’t work. Additionally, as mentioned earlier, I think Charles and Anstiss’s performances (and the fact that they didn’t step0up when it was needed), highlights that maybe a player like Hay is a better fit for the Diamonds squad. Just my personal opinion.

Peter C
    Participant

Methodical passing while using nearly all of 3 seconds won out over heave and hope.

enozlas
    Participant

I think if anything it’s refreshing that our game seems to be evolving past the giant target GS.
    There was a period there that a Basset/Fowler/Aiken was key to winning. These days it’s much more dynamic. 3 out of the top 4 teams this season had moving circles with the ability to change up their attacking style. Last year Vixens won with a predominantly moving circle. Our game is finally turning the corner to a more exciting brand again.

sami j
    Participant

The fact that Fowler wasn’t taken off at any point makes me wonder whether that was her last game for fever/ssn. It also proved the fevers game plan is Fowler and that Charles and anstiss shouldn’t be in the diamonds 12.
    Especially now i think the diamonds mid court should be Proud, Hadley, Price and Parmenter with Brazil as the reserve/training partner

Ian Harkin

Full time: Giants 64-61

Harten 37/44 (84%)
    Dwyer 24/27 (89%)

Fowler 41/46 (89%)
    Teague-Neeld 9/16 (56%)
    Glasgow 2/4 (50%)

Super shots: Fever 9-3
    Assists: Hay 24
    Gains: Parmenter, Bruce 6

Penalties: Fever 58-30
    Turnovers: Fever 22-18

MVP: Sam Poolman (Giants)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL