2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL2021-08-20T12:37:23+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I know there’s still next week to go but I think the Giants have a real headache next season… what is their starting lineup? Harten/Dwyer/Hay/Austin.. who’s on the bench? All 4 deserve starting positions.
    Unless Harten goes home to the UK? But I can’t see that happening.

mcleod
    Participant

For the good of the Diamonds it should be a Dwyer/Austin combo.

TB
    Participant

Personally I’d select Dwyer over Austin. Austin is a decent player, but I feel Dwyer is more well rounded player, and has shot well under pressure. For me, she’s the difference for this Giants team. Had Austin played all season, I feel they may not have been as successful. Though I do think a Dwyer/Austin partnership, would have been just as successful as the Dwyer/Harten combo.

museboy
    Participant

The SSN big wigs would be breathing a huge sigh of relief over this result…

al_ex
    Participant

Dwyer has been more impressive than Harten this year in my opinion, at least from a consistency perspective. I would be looking to build the Dwyer/Austin combo next year if I were the Giants, but we all know Harten is JFitz’ fave. Even when she makes 12 turnovers a game they still leave her on. The player I feel worst for is Letherbarrow, but I expect the Swifts will sign her if Wallace or Garbin leave.

I wouldn’t select Dwyer over Garbin for the Diamonds, she’s not different enough from Koenen at GS and shooting long doesn’t mean much with the International rules. Just as Burger/Watson couldn’t compete with Nweke in the air, I think they’d really struggle with Tippett and Garbin. In a couple of years time though she’ll be starting for the Diamonds.

enozlas
    Participant

I’m really excited to see how Austin comes back after rehab. She was definitely a hyped up player and whilst she had potential I wasn’t completely sold on her and thought she was a little too costly and got caught up in the Harten madness of trying to play too clever.
    I think this injury as devastating as it could really ground her and she may come back even better.
    A Dwyer/Austin combo would be great but we haven’t really seen Dwyer tested against the GK’s like Stirling/Klau/Bruce. I wonder if she could stand up to that and be a starting GS?

al_ex
    Participant

I actually really like Austin at GS, she reminds me of Pettitt. I remember there was one quarter where the Diamonds played Austin and Koenen the other way around during CC and it actually worked very well.

enozlas
    Participant

I didn’t even think of Austin at GS haha oops. Good call I like it.. do you think JFitz will let go of Harten though to make that happen?

schmeetle
    Participant

Harten has Aus residency and a partner in Sydney; I don’t think she plans on going anywhere.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by schmeetle.
    sami j
    Participant

Does anyone know when the CPA has to be finalized. I’m dying to know some official SSN singing news

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN PRELIM FINAL