2021 SSN ROUND 1

2021 SSN ROUND 12021-05-01T00:48:52+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Participant

You make a good point regarding the Priceline Stadium courts and the number of ACLs that have been injured there. But I would assume the all the courts must be held to some sort of standard so I would hope that it’s just a coincidence.

Flb
      Participant

It is probably just a coincidence, but I did wonder about the extra pink decal in the circle.

sarahlove
        Participant

It will be interesting to see if the netballsmart warmup they have recently started in NZ has a statistical impact on ACL and ankle injuries at all.

netballmum
          Participant

When they introduced the KNEE warmup into Australia (around 5+ years ago?) it was suggested that it would have little impact on current elite players who were already doing similar things, however would have an impact on juniors moving through the ranks – so the impact would be unlikely to be seen for 10 years or so.
            (It was very ironic that Maddie Brown before her first ACL injury, was in the videos showing “how not to” perform some of the exercises)

al_ex
            Participant

South Australian decals have seemed to be the focal point of most ACLs in Australia in recent memory. Cobden, Glasgow x 2, Cassidy, Davies, Lange and Austin all come to mind. Cody Lange’s screams and Jo Weston’s reaction both during and after the match is something I’ll never forget.

Participant

Here’s a link to an interview I did with Kadie-Ann Dehaney after their loss to the Fever.

https://havingachat.buzzsprout.com/1538158/8448584-chatting-with-kadie-ann-dehaney

Participant

^ Entertaining little interview that. Good questions asked, good answers given :good:

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

If I’m not wrong, some of those ACLs that occurred in SA weren’t all on the same court. Not sure how much of a difference it would make but I know for sure that Lange’s injury happened at the Entertainment centre not Priceline Stadium

sami j
                    Participant

Assuming Austin is out for the season i would love to see Charlee Hodges come in as a replacement player, doubt it would happen as Fitzgerald seems very invested in NSW talent but would be nice to see

NB12
                      Participant

Provided she is fit, they have a very talented and star of the future in one of their training partners to promote. Matisse Leatherbarrow would slot in nicely. I heard she was injured earlier in the year though and not sure how serious it was.

NB12
                        Participant

Also, if Dwyer continues to impress with solid court time, she could find her way into the Diamonds squad.

al_ex
                          Participant

Yes Lange’s ACL was at the other Adelaide venue I believe. But I have always found the Adelaide decals to look particularly slippery, I wonder if it has something to do with whoever’s contracted to lay them.

I would expect Letherbarrow would be promoted if Austin is out for the season. She’s more than deserving of the opportunity. JFitz has made it pretty clear that the three shooters she wants for the Giants over the next 5-10 years are Austin, Dwyer and Letherbarrow.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

I also expect Leatherbarrow to be promoted if she’s not injured. If shes not fit to play I think Hodges would be a great back up for them to have (but doubt they’ll look to her).

Crazy how competitive the young Aussies shooters are going to make selections. I think Dwyer and Dwan should be introduced to the Australian squad environment in the next season or two. At the moment (if Austin’s injury is an ACL), I think we have another international season or so of Wood, Tippett, Bassett (if they’re all in form) and then also Koenan.

TB
                                Participant

Without knowing all the behind-the-scenes stuff (and it’s only round 1), Tbirds & Vixens IMO struggled in the WA position. Both teams could have done with the experience of Chelsea Pitman.
                                  Mundy is going to grow into a very good player, she’s got the goods. I think it would have been handy to have someone like Pitman, to take over from half time.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top