2021 SSN ROUND 12

2021 SSN ROUND 122021-07-22T10:19:24+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • Author

The pattern of this game is set. Firebirds make a run at Fever, narrow the gap, but then just as it looks like they’re going to challenge, they make a silly error and Fever capitalises.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

If Fever win this (which looks probable), they would need to lose their remaining matches for Firebirds/Magpies to even have a chance of making finals :(

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

Well Ian, you were right, Fever stuck on 79 (albeit with supershots). Some high scoring games tonight.

al_ex
          Participant

The Fever were never going to miss out on finals with that win percentage. It’s the Lightning and the Swifts who are in danger, especially the Lightning given they’re actually sitting below 100%. The Magpies and Firebirds will be hoping for some big wins from the T’Birds. Given the Swifts lost to both T’Birds and Lightning earlier this season they’re far from a guarantee.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Fever 79-69

Fowler 64/66 (97%)
              Teague-Neeld 6/8 (75%)
              Glasgow 5/9 (56%)

Aiken 41/49 (84%)
              Bueta 25/29 (86%)

Assists: Charles 25, Ravaillion 24
              Gains: Aryang, Jenner 3

Penalties: Firebirds 68-37
              Turnovers: Firebirds 20-16

MVP: Verity Charles

Ian Harkin

By the way, in round 7, these same two teams met on the same court. On that occasion, Fever won the last Q 21-16 to make the final score Fever 79-69.

Tonight, Fever AGAIN won the final Q 21-16 and AGAIN the final score was Fever 79-69.

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Just watched a replay of Mimi’s injury and I agree with the commentators, the way she clutched her leg makes it seem like she was clutching her Achilles rather than knee/ankle.

Joyjamie
                  Participant

Why do I not feel confident about the Swifts all of a sudden. This feels like last season how they tailed off. Briony has shown great loyalty going with the same team and think they need to repay her. For next game maybe they should start with Garbin GA and maybe Fraser WD and Haythornwaite.

al_ex
                    Participant

I would start Garbin at GS against Sterling. Wallace clearly doesn’t like playing her. If it doesn’t work, then they can switch to Housby at GS and Garbin at GA. I’d also start Fraser at WD rather than Moore.

Joyjamie
                      Participant

Sorry meant for Garbin GS, she played well needs to be rewarded. Concerns me Paige Hadley has played nearly every game could she do with a rest before Finals, Does anyone know if Haythornwaite was injured today because haven’t watched the whole game yet but seems strange she was not brought on.

Waylay
                        Participant

I’ve never seen Klau look so flat footed. She had zero impact today.

Sinclair was fantastic I thought

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Waylay.
                          Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

I think Haythrowaite is simply just not being used because the coaches think what they’ve go on court is better unless it’s really not working. I don’t think she will stick around next year if her court time continues to dwindle which I expect if Fraser moves ahead in the pecking order.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Not going to lie, really didn’t want Fever to make finals but kudos to them, they’ve jumped into first place tonight. Swift’s and Lightning will need to go make sure they’re at their best in their upcoming matchups. Can’t lie though, with Fowler in the GS role and their many wins, I can’t see Fever not winning the competition, in that sense it’s there’s too lose in my mind, despite their penalties for salary cap breaches.

al_ex
                              Participant

I don’t rate Haythornthwaite above Fraser or the other midcourters. She has some amazing games but can be so expensive as well. She’s far off the form that won England Gold and won the Swifts a premiership. I think she’s been worked out a bit as well, she pretty much just runs straight for the pocket. She’s an amazing person though and I think she’s been a huge contributor to the Swifts’ great culture. Plus they wouldn’t have won that title without her, she was great after she came back from that hamstring injury. Surely next year they’ll look for a defensive midcourter or a circle option though, I wonder how Burgess has been training.

Joyjamie
                                Participant

Shame for Haythornwaite, must be gutting sitting on the bench when they’re losing and not be brought on. You’ve probably guess I’m from the Uk and biased, any opportunity to play in the best league is good for England. Think fever are the favourites to win unless Swifts form suddenly improves. I don’t know maybe Briony arriving in Brisbane will give them the boost they need

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 12

Go to Top