2021 SSN ROUND 13

2021 SSN ROUND 132021-07-29T12:20:25+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 13

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Full time: Magpies 66-59

Aiken 29/42 (69%)
    Bueta 18/21 (86%)
    Dwan 7/10 (70%)

Nelson 49/51 (96%)
    Sinclair 14/19 (74%)
    McCollin 0/2 (0%)

Assists: Browne 22
    Gains: Ellis 6

Penalties: Firebirds 74-45
    Turnovers: Firebirds 23-18

MVP: Gabby Sinclair

al_ex
    Participant

The Firebirds are a bit like the Vixens and the Swifts, in that players seem to be very loyal and they don’t come and go so easily. I would be very surprised to see Dwan leave. Personally I think Bueta/Dwan is a future Diamonds circle and I expect that next year they’ll start transitioning into that more. Aiken can’t play forever. Players like Dwyer and Dwan may be better off moving to Vixens but I don’t think they will.

I used to be quite critical of Sinclair but she’s really been excellent the last few weeks. Nelson/Sinclair/Browne/Jovic could be one of the strongest attacking ends in the league next year if they work on their consistency. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nelson ends up as the best GS in the world in a few years, her and Nweke are well above the others in their age group.

Ian Harkin

NZChampion
    Participant

I love the bibs! They add so much colour to ugly referee looking uniforms magpies have. Please keep them.

I’m really enjoying the under dogs stepping up. Getting some crucial wins that are changing the order of the top 4. The business end is looking very interesting indeed. My favorite part of the season of both comps!

Ian Harkin

Maryann
    Participant

That’s good news for the players. It was really getting to the stage where a call as to ending the season on the current results needed to be made.

NZChampion – your comments on the Magpies uniform made me laugh. I keep looking at Geva as with those calf support sleeves she wears it reminds me of the image of a naughty school girl at a party costume.
    Enough said! :)

amandalouise
    Participant

I can’t quite work out what’s happening. Are Thunderbirds and Vixens still playing tonight – Monday??

JR
    Participant

Yes Amandalouise. One game tonight and two tomorrow. See the schedule Ian posted on page 1 of this thread. The remaining 3 games of Round 13 are going ahead.

NZChampion
    Participant

Haha Maryann!

It says Vixens and Thunderbird will be on tomorrow on my sky schedule?

Ian Harkin

The games are all still going on as per the schedule I posted on page 1.

NZChampion
    Participant

Oops you’re right. 9:30pm our time. 😂

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

Competitive start here. Tbirds with the edge. 11-8 as Vixens call a timeout.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Tbirds 15-13

Potgieter 12/12, Horjus 3/3
    Kumwenda 9/10, Stanton 3/4

Penalties: Tbirds 19-16
    Turnovers: 6-6

Good game. Tbirds just with the advantage, but Vixens well in it.

Ian Harkin

Tbirds defence now coming up with ball. Pressure on the Vixens with the ball. Mannix v Potgieter is a good battle. Tbirds 21-17

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 13