2021 SSN ROUND 2

2021 SSN ROUND 22021-05-06T22:22:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Brazil is not the answer in C at the moment. She had moments of brilliance before doing her knee but I think ease her back in and let her dominate WD to gain confidence and her groove back.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Gosh I love watching the rookies getting a chance to shine (perhaps my biggest disappointment this year was the removal of the game day 12).

Sligar’s long bomb to Harten???!!! Play of the day for me.

amyrmy
    Participant

Wow Magpies are playing so bad 😑 Nelson is not looking good today. I hope all of the Giants first young guns get court time today. If they stick with the team for a few years then Giants will be unstoppable.

mcleod
    Participant

What a dreadful mess the Magpies are.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Giants 19-8

Harten 12/12 (100%) 2/3 (67%)
    Dwyer 3/5 (60%) 0/1 (0%)

McCollin 0/0 (0%) 0/0 (0%)
    Sinclair 4/4 (100%) 0/0 (0%)

Giants totally dominating this match so far. Magpies with 11 turnovers in the first Q. There’s your problem.

James
    Participant

Buy Maddie Hay after a blinder now she is off the court. Probably will stay off most game because of how bad the Magpies are playing

James
    Participant

She is now back on. Giants playing well, sorry to say but I like them without Manu’a

amandalouise
    Participant

I’m at the stadium, echo is awful. Hope they fix it for the next game

al_ex
    Participant

The Magpies remind me a lot of the Mystics from ANZ Championships.

I’d be tempted to play Dwyer and Harten the other way around for a quarter, Sophie seems tired and they’re having some issues out the front. They’ll be so difficult to stop if they keep shooting super-shots like this though.

Manu’a shouldn’t have a contract. The three best defenders are Brandley, McDonell and Poolman. Hopefully next year they give Sligar or Miller a midcourt contract instead.

Waylay
    Participant

Can’t stand the echo!! It wouldn’t be as bad if the stadium was full

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Giants 38-21

Demoralising for Magpies. They were better in that Q. Got the lead down to 8, before Giants went bang, bang, bang, bang! When Harten’s comfortable, she’s goes for the super shot. When she’s not, she simply passes off to the open Dwyer.

Ian Harkin

In that quarter, Giants 4/5 from super shot range… Magpies 0/2! That really makes a difference on the scoreboard.

mcleod
    Participant

I said to someone that Pies would lose by 35. Might not be far wrong

Ian Harkin

1/2 time shooting stats:

Harten 19/20 (95%) 4/6 (67%)
    Dwyer 7/9 (78%) 2/3 (67%)

Nelson 15/17 (88%)
    Sinclair 5/5 (100%) 0/1 (0%)
    McCollin 1/2 (50%) 0/1 (0%)

Sam Poolman… 7 possession gains in a half! That’s one less than the whole Magpies team.

al_ex
    Participant

I can’t believe how much better Hay is than she was back in her Swifts/ANL days. JFitz does an amazing job of getting the best out of players.

I’d bring Letherbarrow on for the last quarter. Dwyer isn’t doing anything wrong but she’s new to this level and looks a bit tired. It’s important that Matisse gets experience as well.

McCollin/Nelson are much stronger. The midcourt is the problem now. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Newton as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2