2021 SSN ROUND 2

2021 SSN ROUND 22021-05-06T22:22:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There’s been multiple games already this year where they’ve stuffed up the clock/scoreboard

JR
    Participant

Gaudion is calling the game.

al_ex
    Participant

Anstiss’ feed that went through the hoop should have gone to Turner, she definitely had hands on it first. Glasgow has been a great addition. A few changes from the Swifts but they’ve settled well.

x12k34p
    Participant

Englishrose21 agreed! The production and commentating is awful overall putting a dampener on an exciting game

Ian Harkin

Fever surely has it now. Up by 5 inside the last minute!!!

Jbss
    Participant

Some interesting changes by the Swifts, I dont think Swifts have figured out their strongest line-up yet.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I really wanted Swifts to win :(

al_ex
    Participant

Fraser was an odd choice but she was very good when she came on. That intercept around the circle edge was excellent. It was really Housby and Wallace who let them down in the end, plus the inability of the defence to get meaningful turnover ball.

Fever’s attack is just so good. To beat them a team really needs incredible strength through GK/GD/WD. Vixens are the only team that really has that and their attack is a mess. Hard to see them losing much this season.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Fever 63-55.

Great game, apart from a few hiccups along the way which were mostly TV coverage related. The score on the TV was wrong for almost the whole of the last Q. Thankfully the margin was correct though.

Jbss
    Participant

Giants tend to match up well on Fever so Im interested in that game but I can’t see Lightning or Firebirds having a big impact defensively(maybe Rudi Ellis GK with Tara Hinchliffe in GD)… however their attack ends will cause Fevers defence some headaches. Personally I think the Swifts should be lining up with Hadley in WD and I’m not too sure why Proud was brought off, Fraser’s circle edge intercept was brilliant but once in the attack end there were no calm heads or experience to know what to do. Which is a bit ridiculous when Housby and Haythornthwaite should be stepping up but Nat has been struggling with consistency and I find if she doesn’t start and comes on it always takes awhile to have impact.

Ian Harkin

Fever got progressively better as the game went on, and noticeably it was after Verity Charles was replaced. Unfortunately she was having a bit of a shocker, but she’s better than that and she’ll be back.

Muffie
    Participant

Still hate GS that are tall and also a bonus that Fowler is built as well, such an easy escape route for the team. Makes it a little boring. If your short, it takes so much more skill to achieve

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Who was MVP please – I was at game and I couldn’t wait as we had a dinner booking!

Ian Harkin

WEST COAST FEVER 63 def NSW SWIFTS 55

Fever:
    Fowler 55/60 (92%)
    Glasgow 4/5 (80%)
    Teague-Neeld 2/5 (40%)
    TOTAL 61/70 (87%)

Super shots 2/5 (Fowler 1/1, Glasgow 1/2)
    Assists 51 (Cosh 23)
    Gains 13 (Aryang 5)

Swifts:
    Wallace 34/38 (90%)
    Housby 10/14 (71%)
    Garbin 9/9 (100%)
    TOTAL 53/61 (87%)

Super shots 2/6 (Wallace 1/3, Housby 1/3)
    Assists 46 (Proud 17)
    Gains 6 (Turner 2)

Penalties: Fever 47-43
    Turnovers: Swifts 23-22

MVP: Courtney Bruce (Fever)

Statler
    Participant

Bruce MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2