2021 SSN ROUND 2

2021 SSN ROUND 22021-05-06T22:22:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Participant

LOL ABBA, Gimmie a man after midnight..

JoDe
    Participant

Predictive text! Barkmeyer!

Tully
    Participant

To win the second half after that first half was impressive. Gives them something to work on for next week and the return match against Lightning.

Starting GA bib for Barkmeyer next week please. Smith too in WD.

The time on the bench served MJ well. Hopefully she can come out next week with as much fight as she showed in the fourth.

Ian Harkin

SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 56 def MELBOURNE VIXENS 51

Vixens:
    Kumwenda 25/26 (96%)
    Barkmeyer 12/18 (67%)
    Stanton 10/16 (63%)
    TOTAL 47/60 (78%)

Super shots 4/10 (Kumwenda 2/3, Barkmeyer 1/3, Stanton 1/4)
    Assists 33 (Moloney 14)
    Gains 14 (Weston 4)

Lightning:
    Koenen 43/47 (92%)
    Wood 9/13 (69%)
    Proscovia 3/3 (100%)
    TOTAL 55/63 (87%)

Super shots 1/2 (Wood 1/2)
    Assists 50 (Wood 22)
    Gains 16 (Pretorius 5)

Penalties: Vixens 66-61
    Turnovers: Vixens 24-20

MVP: Maddy McAuliffe (Lightning)

Vixens really made them earn it in the end, but it was a fairly comfortable victory. An interesting stat that shows the pattern of the match… in the first half, Vixens had 19 turnovers, in the second half, they had 4! Incredible.

JoDe
    Participant

Not too many came out of that game covered in glory! Enjoyed watching Smith, Maddy McAuliffe, Kumwenda and Barkmeyer… Most impressive was Medhurst’s and her comments…

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by JoDe.
    Ian Harkin

Firebirds v Tbirds

GS Aiken
    GA Bueta
    WA Dunkley
    C Ravaillion
    WD Simpson
    GD Jenner
    GK Hinchliffe

GS Potgieter
    GA Horjus
    WA McDonald
    C Petty
    WD Nankivell
    GD Garrett
    GK Sterling

Live scores/stats: https://mc.championdata.com/super_netball/

sportsfreak
    Participant

There were a few things to criticise but I didn’t think Mundy’s workrate was one of them. She worked her butt off! Admittedly it was a bit messy and they were all getting in each other’s way but I think when they’ve worked together for a while it could gel beautifully. I loved seeing her just let the ball go into that circle.

Ian Harkin

Dominant opening from Firebirds. Up 10-5 as we go to a timeout.

al_ex
    Participant

The T’Birds away uniform is so nice. Much better than the previous versions.

F’Birds attack end is so dominant and the T’Birds have no rhythm.

Tully
    Participant

Okay so perhaps I should have said Mundy needs to be more strategic about her work rate. Not denying her talent. But 7 goal assists (less than both Moloney and Barkmeyer who of course didn’t play the full game) in a full game of WA is not enough. If she was dominating the CPR to put someone else on the second phase that’d make more sense but she wasn’t; 13 CPRs (only one more than Weston in GD and less than what Vixens get through the GA position combined). It was a big step up from last week in particular the second half (second half was after I made that comment!) and hopefully she continues to improve at the same rate. If Mundy and Barkmeyer do continue to improve at the same rate they are then I agree Vixens will look good in time. But it’s going to take quite awhile. It’s for that reason that I don’t expect the Vixens to cha he much next year (with the exception of Watson’s return of course and change to the 3rd shooting spot).

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tully.
    al_ex
    Participant

I’m not sure if Mundy is the right WA for the Vixens. I’d be tempted to give Honey another chance, but obviously it’s more difficult with squads of 10.

Supershot galore in the T’Birds vs F’Birds game. Luckily they’ve both been pretty much equally affected. Bueta/Dwan is a nice combo.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Firebirds 22-15

What a hectic, frantic opening quarter. When they drew up the super shot rule, it’s quarters like that they were probably hoping for. Bueta missed with one attempt, but Tippah Dwan 3/3 but even better Samantha Gooden 4/4!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

How does a GD have three turnovers in the opening quarter and stay on? Thunderbirds really could have used Shimmin this year.

Also not sure why they keep persisting with Petty at C (who is one 1 NNP somehow). I loved the pre-season line up with Nankivell at C and Horjus or McDonald at WA and Gooden at GA.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Thunderbirds grabbed a 4-1 lead this quarter… until they gave it up :(

al_ex
    Participant

Petty shouldn’t be on. Nankivell in C and van der Merwe in WD is their best combination. I’ve been impressed with both McDonald and Horjus in WA at different times. Gooden has improved her court play as well as her shooting.

I’d like to see Mi Mi come on for Rav for a bit. She’s not doing much right now. She doesn’t really need to though with the way all the shooters are dominating, especially Bueta.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2