2021 SSN ROUND 2

2021 SSN ROUND 22021-05-06T22:22:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: Firebirds 38-28

This has been a good game to watch. Firebirds have been the better side so far, but T’birds are giving it a red hot go. For Firebirds, it has been a solid team effort across the court with all ten players getting a run.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Totally agree al_ex. Good to see I’m not the only one perplexed at why Petty is kept on when she is underperforming, even if she is captain.

thunder123
    Participant

Yep, same with others, not sure why Petty continues to get court time.
    Oh how it would be nice to have Pitman

Tully
    Participant

I’d like to see TBirds pick a line up and stick with it for a bit. Seem to make lots of changes. I’d go with a Horjus – Nankivell – Van De Merwe midcourt. It’s great to see Gooden continue with her improved shooting and I agree with the comment that her general court play has improved too.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Finally the line up I wanted to see! Well they managed to narrow the scoreline back to 7!

Agree re the changing line up. It’s not good for the team’s performance. I’d like next week’s starting line up be what is currently on court with the addition of McDonald when a change is needed

al_ex
    Participant

I think this is finally the T’Birds’ best lineup. They’re pushing really hard but the F’Birds are just holding them off.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Firebirds 52-44

An improved T’birds lineup from the first half. An 8 goal lead should be enough for Firebirds, but with the super shot in play, who knows. Gooden has shot 6/10 super shots, while Tippah Dwan still hasn’t missed with one. 5/5. #SSNFirebirdsThunderbirds

al_ex
    Participant

Obst makes such strange decisions. Garrett and Petty are back on and both have already made errors. Suddenly the intensity is gone.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Petty and Garrett are error ridden. Why? Just why does Obst ruin something just as it starts getting good? She didn’t need to change who was on court.

Honestly, at this point, I’m questioning whether Netball SA should offer her a contract extension. I know we have had a high coach turnover at Thunderbirds for the last 5-10 years but I think a nice lucrative investment in a proven coach is what this team needs.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Holy hell!
    PETTY MADE 9 TURNOVERS! She wasn’t even on court for the full game.

GARRETT MADE 4 TURNOVERS! To me, that’s unacceptable from a team if they have an alternate GD option but insist on the high turnover player.

On another note, Sterling hit her stride today and was much better than last week.
    6 gains, 3 intercepts and 10 deflections!

Ian Harkin

QUEENSLAND FIREBIRDS 68 def ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 57

Firebirds:
    Aiken 34/37 (92%)
    Bueta 18/22 (82%)
    Dwan 8/8 (100%)
    TOTAL 60/67 (90%)

Super shots 8/13 (Dwan 5/5, Bueta 3/6)
    Assists 54 (Ravaillion 17)
    Gains 12 (Hinchliffe 6)

Thunderbirds:
    Potgieter 29/32 (91%)
    Gooden 16/21 (76%)
    Horjus 4/6 (67%)
    TOTAL 49/59 (83%)

Super shots 8/13 (Gooden 6/10, Potgieter 1/1, Horjus 1/2)
    Assists 45 (Petty 19)
    Gains 17 (Sterling 6)

Penalties: Firebirds 59-48
    Turnovers: Thunderbirds 27-23

MVP: Kim Ravaillion (Firebirds)

I thought that was an enjoyable game to watch. Firebirds were the better team, but not overwhelmingly so. Tbirds fought it out to the end. That first Q hurt them.

Bueta and Ravaillion were two of the best on Mother’s Day.

Sarah0
    Participant

I was excited when Obst finally took Petty off, the Tbirds were actually finding some rhythm. Then she brings her back on? She was standing still and driving into everyone elses space! I don’t understand it!

Nankivell needs to be in C. Horjus was a good combo with her but Would have loved to have seen her with McDonald

Zara Collings
    Participant

Nankeville needs to be at C I completely agree! Was seriously impressed with Sam Gooden today – not just her shooting but her playmaking is improving all the time and it’s nice to see. Would be interested to see her at GS with Horjus at GA, I know they played the other way around today but would like to see what they could do with more Court time together in the circle.

TB
    Participant

I didn’t realise that Steph Woods was 29yrs old. For some unknown reason, I had her sitting around 24/25.

JR
    Participant

Three teams with no wins, including Vixens who are 5th on the ladder because of Fever’s transgression. Fever would be 2nd on the ladder on % if they hadn’t had those 12 points taken away from them for salary cap breaches.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 2