2021 SSN ROUND 3

2021 SSN ROUND 32021-05-14T23:54:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 146 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: 31-31

Developing into a great game now. Fever turned their game around in that quarter but they were aided by some Lightning mistakes. In the first Q, Lightning gave up one solitary turnover. In the 2nd Q, it was 11! They will have to rectify that.

enozlas
    Participant

It’s interesting how the super shot really does seem to impact the goalies mentally… steph wood in normal time drains them from absolutely everywhere but in the super shot she seems to wobble way more.
    I’d be interested in the shooting percentage of goalies from the within the super shot range during normal time compared to when they are putting up actual super shots??

Ian Harkin

Courtney Bruce coming into the game now. That’s dangerous for Lightning. Fever up by 6 and threatening to run right away with it.

al_ex
    Participant

The Fever just have the Lightning’s measure since last season. Even with the first quarter it looks like they’re still going to win by 15-20. An interesting matchup.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Fever 52-43

Fever won that Q 21-12. That’s the same margin Lightning won the first Q by. So Fever has really turned things around after that poor start and taken control of the match. Just 3 turnovers for the quarter compared to Lightning’s 7.

Ian Harkin

Try as they might, Lightning can’t eat into the margin as Fever are just successfully taking the ball to goal. Lightning needs to find a way to pick up possession from somewhere or force some Fever errors. Fever 61-49 halfway through the last Q

JR
    Participant

Interesting idea Enozlas, I had noticed that with Wood too.

Ian Harkin

WEST COAST FEVER 69 def SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 54

Lightning:
    Koenen 28/30 (93%)
    Wood 16/22 (73%)
    Proscovia 9/9 (100%)
    TOTAL 53/61 (87%)

Super shots 1/5 (Wood 1/5)
    Assists 41 (Scherian 20)
    Gains 4 (Hunt 3)

Fever:
    Fowler 59/61 (97%)
    Glasgow 7/8 (88%)
    Teague-Neeld 1/5 (20%)
    TOTAL 67/74 (91%)

Super shots 2/4 (Glasgow 2/3)
    Assists 62 (Charles 24)
    Gains 9 (Bruce 6)

Penalties: Lightning 61-58
    Turnovers: Lightning 22-16

MVP: Courtney Bruce

Fever ran out comfortable winners, as Lightning fell away after a great first Q. After 1/4 time, it was Fever 57-33. Courtney Bruce came right into the game, Glasgow did her job, the error rate dropped and the feeding to Fowler improved.

al_ex
    Participant

Hunt should take a leaf out of Sophia Fenwick’s book and transition to defence. I think she caused three turnovers in that quarter, she’s a great athlete.

Fever were just clinical and Lightning didn’t have the answers. Their defence just doesn’t match up well on Fowler and after the first quarter the Fever GA/WA/C supported Fowler much better. Hopefully Glasgow gets the start next week, she’s a good foil in the circle.

Unless there’s a major improvement from the Melbourne teams and the T’Birds, finals is looking like a 5-way race. At this stage I think Lightning might be the team to miss out.

Jbss
    Participant

Enzola, it could also be that the defenders pay extra close attention to her in that time as Koenan is not always a threat from that range.

Ian Harkin

Today’s 2 games combined…

Super shots during 5min power play:
    15/31 (48%)

Same distance but only worth one:
    13/14 (93%)

mcleod
    Participant

Very interesting stat there Ian,

JR
    Participant

Yes…very…I wonder if it was about where they shot from…shooting in the arc from the top of the ring seems more popular, but they muck around with the ball more during the last 5 minutes to get to that spot. And sometimes lose the ball to the opposition. I sort of like the 2 point shot as it’s exciting, but I don’t like it as it (1) changes the game and (2) no other country is doing it so I think it’ll have an impact on the Diamonds chances in upcoming international comps.

mcleod
    Participant

Be interesting to see if they have these non, international rules for 2022 and beyond.
    New TV deal, might mean normal Netball. :unsure:

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I think the new rules will stick for a while if this new SSN/NA committee has anything to say about it. But I hope you’re right and we only have to endure on more season of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3