2021 SSN ROUND 3

2021 SSN ROUND 32021-05-14T23:54:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 146 total)
  • Author

This game has serious 2019 grand final vibes. Sam Wallace dominating at one end, Sarah Klau at the other!

JoDe
    Participant

Moloney’s always a positive leader.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by JoDe.
    amyrmy
    Participant

This is hard to watch. In other weeks Vixens have struggle but have had some positive signs. Can’t say the same today really

Tully
    Participant

Watching the Vixens coaches is interesting. They look unimpressed. But I just want to say they recruited this team…. :whistle:

Okay I’ve had enough of Stanton. Vixens hit circle edge and then she drops the feed cold. You can live with the errors from the youngsters as they are building for the future. Eg, is Smith’s growth in hitting circle edge just over the course of this quarter. Take her errors for the future growth that comes.

As much as NNP annoy me at times. Stanton is on -29.5!!!

schmeetle
    Participant

I was going to comment “who is the Vixens defensive coach?” As their defensive end may as well not been on the court…. Dehaney comes on and makes an immediate impact.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Swifts 32-19

It’s the Wallace and Klau show. So far all one way traffic, although the 2nd quarter wasn’t quite so bad for Vixens. They started to win some ball, but still had trouble converting it into goals. Stanton has 2/6, 4 turnovers and -28 NNP.

Tully
    Participant

@ amyrmy Dehaney is a positive. Took awhile to settle in but is contesting and winning ball now. I thought this would be her last year at Vixens but with this form she is club MVP and the first player signed. Smith is learning C well (4 GAs, 10 feeds in one quarter). But that’s about it :wacko:

I know playing Smith in C moves Moloney out of the middle but having her in WA may be what they need this year. It may end in disaster but I’d like to see them give Honey a go in the 10 again. Nothing to lose.

Vixens also need to play around with GD and WD. Could they try Mannix at GD and Weston at WD?

As for swifts they are clinical. But they have next to no pressure on them. Bit of a training run.

Tully
    Participant

Yes preach Liz, get Barkmeyer on. What is the point of losing with Stanton on?

Take the losses if Barkmeyer, Dehaney, Mundy and Smith are developing.

Tully
    Participant

Held ball Stanton. Come on Simone what you doing???

Was that not a massive step from Turner?!?

Tully
    Participant

Air ball Stanton. Does that count as a goal assist to Stanton or rebound for MJ? :wacko:

Tully
    Participant

Dehaney down and in a lot of pain. Not what Vixens need. To me Wallace pushed off (no offensive contact) and Cox of all people agreed.

Would like to see a replay of that attempted intercept by Mannix. To see how Mannix contacted.

Great feed Smith.

Ian Harkin

The game is just sort of meandering along at the moment. Swifts aren’t pulling further away and Vixens are making up ground.

Morts
    Participant

Anyone else see Turner down on the attacking transverse line straight after being moved into GK!! :whistle:

Tully
    Participant

Great fight shown from Vixens. Whilst not her best individual game credit to Moloney for the way she is leading this team. It does give her younger teams in particular Smith confidence. Talking to her a lot.

Interesting comment from Gaudion. Kumwenda attempted a super shot. I didn’t see it but Gaudion commented that Swifts pushed the post and she wasn’t sure about it (as in its legitimacy as a play). I wanted a replay but they didn’t show it. I’m sure in another game this year that this has been commented on on here?

JoDe
    Participant

Too little too late?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3