2021 SSN ROUND 3

2021 SSN ROUND 32021-05-14T23:54:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Author

3/4 time: Swifts 44-35

Vixens won that Q 16-12 to give themselves a chance. Barkmeyer has given them some life out there, and they’ve started converting gains. They narrowed the gap to just 7 before Sam Wallace nailed a super shot penalty right on 3/4 time.

Tully
    Participant

Not sure about Haythornthwaite. Yes she is good. But with Proud and Hadley in this team it just seems an unnecessary import. There is so much talent in NSW that could fill that spot.

Tully
    Participant

Why aren’t they calling time for MJ??

Please be cramp. So much passion. But why did she do that lay up ….

Dear Simone, don’t play MJ at GA.

Tully
    Participant

Oh gosh now we get to watch more Stanton. Come on 8 minutes to do something.

And she drops a great pass…..

Vixens should promote McDonald or Samason to the 10.

Swifts will blow this lead out now. But from Vixens side Mannix has been better in her second stint and Eddy has produced her best netball of the year so far in this second half.

Offensive contact against Stanton. But Wallace no??

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tully.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tully.
    Ian Harkin

Kumwenda’s up, but going off court. Vixens were trying to mount a challenge but that might be over with that injury.

Ian Harkin

Unfortunately, Kaylia Stanton currently sits on -53 NNP. Not sure what the record low score is but that’s surely close.

Tully
    Participant

Proud off with an injured ankle. I missed that.

Tully
    Participant

Swifts rotating the GA position. Perhaps I’m old school but I think Housby could benefit from playing a full game.

JoDe
    Participant

How badly do you have to play to be taken off?

Tully
    Participant

Vixens showed some nice fight. The young players are growing. Margin would probably have been less had MJ not gone off.

Swifts. They were good. But they should be concerned about how they started to crumble at the first sign of any Vixens fight.

Proud’s injury looks a worry. Unfortunately the ads came on but it looked like the huddle or some players went to her as she couldn’t put weight on her foot.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

NSW SWIFTS 55 def MELBOURNE VIXENS 43

Swifts:
    Wallace 48/48 (100%)
    Housby 3/5 (60%)
    Garbin 2/5 (40%)
    TOTAL 53/58 (91%)

Super shots: 2/3 (Wallace 2/2)
    Assists: 50 (Hadley 17)
    Gains: 16 (Klau 7)

Vixens:
    Kumwenda 28/32 (88%)
    Stanton 6/13 (46%)
    Barkmeyer 5/8 (63%)
    TOTAL 39/53 (74%)

Super shots: 4/12 (Kumwenda 2/5, Barkmeyer 1/3, Stanton 1/4)
    Assists: 33 (Barkmeyer, Moloney 9)
    Gains: 13 (Eddy, Dehaney 3)

Penalties: Vixens 55-51
    Turnovers: Vixens 22-21

MVP: Sarah Klau (Swifts)

A comprehensive win for Swifts. They started strongly, finished strongly and for the rest of the game did enough to remain in control. For Vixens, sadly it’s all about the holes in the team at GA & WA that we knew were there pre-season.

Some injuries coming out of that game. Hopefully Maddy Proud is okay. Please!!! Surely she can’t be unlucky enough to have another serious season-ending injury. I think Kadie-Ann Dehaney was just badly winded. And Mwai Kumwenda, not sure but it didn’t look TOO serious.

Peter C
    Participant

Does Kaylia Stanton have a netball brain or did she leave it at home? A lot of running around, but the game seemed to flow around her.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Peter C.
    Tully
    Participant

I think Kumwenda was cramp. You could see the thumbs up Steve Hawkins was giving her to calm her down. Not used to the extra running.

I didn’t even see how Proud injured her ankle did you Ian?

sami j
    Participant

Next week vixens should drop Stanton and Mundy and promote McDonald and Honey, what have they got to lose this attacking line up is clearly not working

Also REALLY hope Proud’s injury isn’t too serious

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 3