2021 SSN ROUND 5

2021 SSN ROUND 52021-05-28T11:49:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 5

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Have absolutely loved what Samason has brought to this game! I don’t think she will be very strong in GA in terms of her movement though and Vix can’t afford that (not that kumwenda brought the movement either). Perhaps she would shine if Watson was there but because Mundy is still developing I don’t think this combo will flourish long term. It’s great she had confidence in her shot though and is nailing them!

al_ex
    Participant

Samason has the ball handling skills and play-making to become a GA but the movement is probably a work-on. She really does remind me of Garbin, but what she lacks in aerial ability she makes up for with her shooting. Absolutely the MVP thus far.

Tully
    Participant

I’m loving the commentators love for Samason. I think they’d be more impressed if they knew she has played only 5 games in two years. In saying this the FBs are a good team for her to debut against as she wouldn’t be intimated by their defenders. She played Fury with Ellis and would have played against both Jenner and Hinchliffe at underage nationals and possibly as part of national TID given they are born 97/98.

Now who do they drop out of Stanton and Barkmeyer when Mannix is back :whistle:

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Firebirds 37-35

Exciting game. Vixens made up 6 in super shot time.
    Seriously, all those Victorians who’ve been raving about Rahni Samason for the past couple of years, are smiling madly now! She’s just about the best player on court!

amyrmy
    Participant

I think Stanton might get dropped? I feel like Barkmeyer provides better movement in GA so that point of difference might keep her in.

Tully
    Participant

Samason is definitely a WIP at GA but I have confidence she will get there. Next year with Watson back will definitely help. Until then MJ and Samason can switch positions. If Samason continues developing as she is then I really think Vixens will bring ATN home in 2022 as she is very much the opposite of Samason.

TB
    Participant

Okay I’m on the Samason bandwagon (if there is one 😁). Loved her half time interview too “I’m just having fun”.
    Hopefully she can keep this up for the full 60mins.

al_ex
    Participant

Also important to add that I think Samason might be the first Asian-Australian to EVER play at national league level?

mcleod
    Participant

I wonder if Samason has any links to New Zealand.!!!!

Jbss
    Participant

I wonder if the Vixens will bring in Tayla Honey for a game? Mundy has had good and average patches whenever she’s played and I think Honeys court craft might help the Vixens. Though I would hope the shooters present strongly since both Moloney and Honey can get hesitant on the feed.

Tully
    Participant

Okay I love Weston but she is having an average game. Give Eddy a go at GD, nothing to lose.

al_ex
    Participant

After 9 seasons at the elite level, Jo Weston is still involved in so many attacking turnovers. She doesn’t have much support today but it’s still so costly.

enozlas
    Participant

Really messy start to this quarter for both teams.
    I think the ship has sailed for Honey… I don’t think vix will get much more from her after being in development for so long. I feel like it would be a step sideways from Mundy to bring in Honey. It may patch things for this season but if they are looking at long term development they should stick with Mundy. This season isn’t about winning a premiership for them it’s about finding out who’s got it. And I think honey has had enough opportunities in the past and hasn’t proved it. Happy to be proven wrong though if she gets a run!

Tully
    Participant

@ Jbss at this point I am not sure there is much to gain by dropping Mundy for Honey. Mundy is improving. Neither Moloney or Honey are natural confident feeders. Mundy has the confidence to let the ball go and has lovely touch on the feed and better decision making will only come with court time. I actually think that Honey and Sacha McDonald will be dropped from the Vixens squad next year.

amyrmy
    Participant

I think Jo Weston can tend to get in her own head too much and I think the losing streak has really impacted her. Tough to go from being in a top team for so long down to the bottom. Would also like to see Eddy at GD this game

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 5