2021 SSN ROUND 5

2021 SSN ROUND 52021-05-28T11:49:01+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 5

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Samason you superstar with the finish but Dehany with the match winner! What a finish!!

Ian Harkin

Vixens win!!!

Samason nails a penalty super shot to win the game with time up on the clock.

AllieC
    Participant

Wow, what an incredible game by Samason. Cool as a cucumber and a great combination with MJ for a first game together.

al_ex
    Participant

Vixens would be mad not to have Dehaney and Samason signed up as soon as possible for next year. Stars of the present and the future.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Vixens 66-64

Have you ever watched a game where you could picture how it was going to finish? All the way through that looked totally like Rahni Samason’s game and that she was going to win it for the Vixens. Brilliant stuff from a player on debut. #SSNFirebirdsVixens

Tully
    Participant

Samason :heart: :rose: :heart: :rose:

I knew she could do this but OMG I am
    So happy for her. How far away this must have felt for her last year when she was in the covid lockdown unable to play post an ACL reconstruction.

MJ and Samason did their ACL rehab together and are great friends. So lovely to see them share this moment and MJ with all the confidence in the world tell Samson to take the penalty.

Dwyer and Samason. Suddenly our shooting sticks are looking rosy. I have full confidence that once she gets a chance to debut that Lucy Austin will be just as wonderful.

Also like to pay credit to Mundy. Has grown so well this season. I’ll openly admit I doubted it at times. But so happy she proved me wrong. Mundy too has barely played before this season. Spent 2019 in a moon boot so couldn’t play for Fury then of course incurred the covid lockdown. A Watson and Mundy combination in 2022 would offer some beautiful feeding.

Dehaney has earned the starting GK bib. Even when Mannix returns. Grew so well into the game. Will be interesting to see which defender they squeeze out next year but on form it might be Eddy. Although I’d like to see her in GD before that happens.

mcleod
    Participant

Very exciting, but Gretel and her terrible passes and layups and whatever else she does Basketball style

amyrmy
    Participant

‘It’s my job to shoot’ 🙌

Tully
    Participant

Ah Samason I love you “well it’s my job to shoot” :good:

Tully
    Participant

Haha Liz “she is a TP so there is no certainty we will see her next week”

Ummm we will see her for the rest of the year. One way or another we will. Do we all think Venter’s calf injury was that bad in 2019 when MJ made her comeback? I think not.

amyrmy
    Participant

All that excitement and now no game until tomorrow 😩

Ian Harkin

Once again, when under pressure, Firebirds were heavily penalised. The count in the last Q was 24-11 against them! There were some 50/50 calls, but the fact of the matter is that they just give away too many penalties and it always gives opponents a chance.

RM
    Participant

Poor Firebirds reff’d out of another win. Samason a great opportunity- hope her form continues (Australia needs good shooters).
    Delaney good at time but very rough.

moooz
    Participant

I love Samason’s mindset “it’s my job to shoot” like if you don’t want to shoot then go be a midcourter or defender, *cough* Teague-Neeld and Stanton

Ian Harkin

Tully, what is Samason’s nationality? You’re saying she’s Australian. Some others on twitter saying she’s a kiwi or she’s from the Cook Islands and in that case NZ will just grab her anyway. Remembering of course that it doesn’t seem to matter how long they’ve actually been in Australia (even their whole life!). If there’s any kiwi heritage anywhere there, they’ll take them.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 5