2021 SSN ROUND 6

2021 SSN ROUND 62021-06-04T16:00:11+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 6

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There have been plenty of comments on here making fun of players’ skin, or Hadley’s teeth, my comment was not negative in any way, although some of you have chosen to interpret it as such.

enozlas
    Participant

They’ve benched Glasgow 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ian Harkin

Now, Fowler and Bruce off.

al_ex
    Participant

Magpies need new GAs. I’d go after Garbin/Letherbarrow as GA/GS options and Cosh. Even Singleton or Hodges would probably offer more. McCollin and Sinclair just don’t quite offer enough and I doubt there is as much growth in them going forward as in the other girls mentioned. Magpies may not even exist next season.

enozlas
    Participant

I think one of the biggest issues for the magpies is their experienced players aren’t stepping up. You’ve got Mentor, Browne and Nelson (has now been around for quite a few years) not holding their own or playing consistently enough so the inexperienced players around them are being overly exposed.

sami j
    Participant

If Sasha Glasgow keeps playing the way she is I wouldn’t be surprised to see her take Sophie Garbin’s spot in the diamonds squad

Ian Harkin

FULL TIME: FEVER 78-55 (MVP: COURTNEY BRUCE)

Maryann
    Participant

Intimidation – I take exception to your last comment. In all my time here I have never seen any sign of what you are talking about.

mcleod
    Participant

I know there are 8/9 rds to go in the SSN, but I get the feeling the top 4 are sorted already.
    Not really what a top level comp is all about.

amyrmy
    Participant

Completely agree with you mcleod. Unless one of the teams has a major injury, I think it’s pretty well set for the top 4. I thought that Firebirds would be top 4 for sure but that has not been the case. On paper they should be, seems something just is not clicking.

Watching yesterday’s game it is just mind blowing that Thunderbirds didn’t sign Glasgow. Did we ever see her and Horjus in GS/GA last year?

NB12
    Participant

Glasgow was barely back from injury when the season ended last year. It feels like she was the one that wanted to move on, rather than Tbirds not wanting her.

As for Firebirds, I think they are suffering from their returning players not being ready for full games from a management point of view (Bueta) or not quite maintaining the intensity for 60 minutes (Rav) and it’s causing a bit of disorder with interchange and turnovers. Their defenders are out of play a lot and they don’t have a genuine back up/impact option if Hinchliffe/Jenner/Simpson aren’t clicking, and as soon as that happens, they bleed goals.

amyrmy
    Participant

Thanks NB12!
    Last year was my first year getting into SSN so I’m a bit behind on knowing these things. Becoming a bit of a die hard fan though so in a few years I’ll be up to speed 😀

al_ex
    Participant

Haythornthwaite in the starting lineup again. Parmenter will eat up those pocket balls, hopefully Nat’s learnt her lesson from last week.

Ian Harkin

Starting lineups;

al_ex
    Participant

Excellent attack from both teams! It will be interesting to see how willing they are to take super shots, given how difficult it is to get ball back at the other end.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 6