2021 SSN ROUND 7

2021 SSN ROUND 72021-06-11T22:09:39+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 7

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The team’s happiness and elation make all of the hard times worth it.. well nearly haha.

MVP: Shadine Van Der Merwe

JR
    Participant

Glad I am wrong – Van Der Merwe ….not as many NNPs as Sterling….and not on the court the whole game …but she was great.

enozlas
    Participant

Also after bagging her early.. Potgeiter really turned it around. Played the solid form we expect in the last half in particular.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

A good decision for MVP, Van Der Merwe did all that early work and got so much hand to the ball. She had 4 gains, 4 intercepts, 1 deflection, and one pick up. Just to also have a look at Sterling’s stats as well: 8 gains, 6 intercepts, 5 deflections, 1 rebound, 1 pick up.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Tbirds 58-53 (MVP: Shadine van der Merwe)

Ian Harkin

Those stats are incredible… 31 turnovers against Swifts and Tbirds had 21 gains to 7!

enozlas
    Participant

What was swifts turnovers last week? Or season average? That’s seems crazy high for them..

NB12
    Participant

I think Australia needs to use their next few test matches to blood some new defenders. Even if they don’t win, they need to provide some others with some experience. Weston seems to be going backwards and there are some great defenders coming through that need exposure. Weston’s attacking game is so poor and she isn’t winning enough ball in D at the moment to justify all those turnovers.

mcleod
    Participant

Was Weston ever taught to pass the ball, because the 1 handed biff is awful.

Tully
    Participant

Weston’s attack is very poor and what I am about to say in now way justifies her poor attack. However, she is doing too much. A GD should not lead the team for CPRs! Yes you could say Mundy would have had more had she not gone off or if MJ and Samason had spent the full game at GA they would have been higher. But regardless a GD should not lead that stat. Eddy and Moloney in particular need to lift and do much more through court. Why on earth Smith doesn’t get to play WD when she is easily the strongest attacker of their defenders I have no idea. Weston seems to panic in attack way too much. If you watch the final 15 seconds or whatever of their one win over the FBs, Dehaney gets the intercept and Smith runs the correct line to give Dehaney a clear option. Weston tries to run straight between the two players and almost deflects the ball away! Then she runs around in the middle of the court creating mess. Get out of it and let Smith bring it down which she did.

For their next game I’d like to see Vixens try Mannix and Eddy in GD. A half each. Smith can play the full 60 in WD.

As for Diamonds Hinchliffe is in spectacular form and should make the team. Bruce, Klau, Hinchliffe and someone from Aryang, Garrett and Turner. Jenner gives away far too many penalties. You can’t win the ball out of play. Hinchliffe has really cleaned up in this area this year.

Tully
    Participant

As for Westons’s defensive gains she isn’t actually doing that bad. Has never been a huge ball winner but rather a shut down player. Weston only got 10 rebounds all last year and already has 9. Had 52 deflections last year and the half way mark has 31 so on track to surpass that. The problem is she only has 6 intercepts so far this year (compared to 18 last year) and has 15 turnovers (20 last year). Defensively Weston’s best games have been the last few weeks. I’d like to see Vixens try Mannix and Eddy in GD purely because they have to do something different not because Weston isn’t working defensively as that is far from their problem.

mcleod
    Participant

NB12. I’m not sure the Australia Netball public, would except losing the Con Cup twice in the same year.
    Stacy M just needs to play her players in the correct position. Weston at WD and Bruce it GD is not a great option.

NB12
    Participant

I’d be happy to accept it if it meant winning the CWG.

Tully you make some great points about Weston, thank you for that insight.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 7