2021 SSN ROUND 7

2021 SSN ROUND 72021-06-11T22:09:39+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 7

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A bit interesting… Pitman doing Potgieter’s pre-game interview. But she’s been commentating the Thunderbrids’ games for a few weeks, good on her, can’t be easy.

I really want to see Obst prepared to pull Potgieter if necessary and also insert Wilson if necessary.

JR
    Participant

I have been disappointed with a number of our experienced players this year. Especially Moloney (But I have never been a fan and don’t get her being the Diamonds starting C – she was a much better WD) and Weston and Mannix and Eddy.

Tonight was really upsetting. When the second half was on I sort of watched the game while fixing my in-text referencing for my research paper that’s due tomorrow. Whilst reaching for a(nother) glass of wine in the last quarter I contemplated cleaning my fridge.

Like I said I am glad Simone served it up to them during one of the time outs….the ‘we can do it’ mantra is not working….

Tully
    Participant

Oh JR I agree I think I’d rather clean your fridge than watch the Vixena right now :-)

I agree the Vixens senior players have been very disappointing (except MJ who started slowly but has built and is holding the circle together and I don’t consider Dehaney a senior player). Coaching decisions have been disappointing. They have a lot to consider and need to start 2022 planning now.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Tully.
    enozlas
    Participant

I’m preparing myself for the Tbirds to be given an absolute bath by the swifts tonight… will see how it plays out but they’re polar opposite teams.
    Swifts play such a controlled and steady game whereas Tbirds are sporadic and hectic.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Lots of nervous feeds early, both teams have had chances to capitalize on turnovers, most recently the Thunderbirds had the chance to go 2-0. They will need to capitalize on every opportunity they have if they want to keep up with this Swifts outfit.

Garrett has really become an amazing part of this line-up in recent weeks, I had my doubts early in the season but I think the move has brought the best out of her game.

schmeetle
    Participant

Ugh. I don’t think I can watch this T’Birds game with Potgeiter not even looking at the post.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Thunderbirds with the chance to go 5-1 but they miss the chance. Horjus is 0/2 so far.

JR
    Participant

Tully, I specifically didn’t name MJ or Dehaney….they’ve been completely fine.

Hey, come and clean my fridge any time you like when we can have visitors in our homes. The rest of house needs cleaning too…and garden needs attention.. have been diligently working on my research paper for the last 12 weeks.

al_ex
    Participant

Terrible start by the Swifts on attack, they often seem scared of Sterling at the beginning of matches. It reminds me of their match here in 2019. Proud on -25 NNP in 6 minutes.

enozlas
    Participant

The decline of Potgeiter has been such a shame. I thought she was really solid last year, taking in some great balls and offering a really solid option in attack. This season she is so unsure of herself, moving around way too much and doesn’t want to go to post. Really unfortunate.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Thunderbirds burn their 4 or 5 goal lead and just like that Swifts lead 8-7

schmeetle
    Participant

Bulley looks ready to step on court – hair in a ponytail instead of out for a change.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Great simple advice from Sue. Statistically, Thunderbirds get the gains but they convert only 51% (the lowest in the league). If they can convert their gains, they’re in this.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I see that 4 turnovers have been put next to Proud’s name but I’m not sure that’s totally accurate… I feel like one or two of those were caused by the player on the receiving end…

Interesting stat at the end of that quarter. Thunderbirds are on 71.5 NNP while Swfits have 26.5 NNP, yet the goal difference is only 2… very telling.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Van de Merwe has been great this quarter.

What are the rules regarding umpires holding time near the end of the quarter. There were about 6 seconds left when Klau deflected the ball out of court and the Thunderbirds went to get it but the hold time call was made just one second before the horn went.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 7