2021 SSN ROUND 8

2021 SSN ROUND 82021-06-18T18:31:31+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author

SPLIT ROUND…

enozlas
        Participant

No Garbin today will be interesting for the swifts. She’s their go-to to settle things down in attack and without that option if they get frazzled it might get away from them.

Anyone know much about Singleton?

al_ex
          Participant

I rate Singleton. I’d definitely be using her in GA over Haythornthwaite. To be honest I’d like to see Housby run out a full game, the Swifts make too many changes and they need to work on their 60 minute consistency. Hadley in WA against Simpson is a smart move in my opinion.

Swifts 14-10

Being called for held ball early in the quarter has got to Aiken a bit. That pause she uses before she shoots is clearly to calm nerves and now she’s a bit jittery. #SSNSwiftsFirebirds

enozlas
              Participant

I feel like the swifts (with the exception of last week when they were trailing) have a clear game plan of playing slow and possession netball in the last 5 minutes… even more so than their usual style. Denies their opposition the opportunity to sink more super shots.

al_ex
                Participant

I really like Aiken but if Netball wants to make the sport more exciting, they should get rid of rebounding your own shots. Call it a replay. It’s just awkward to watch. It would make the GAs get more involved in rebounding as well.

The Swifts are so much more hesitant on transition with Moore in WD but Hadley’s been good in WA so there isn’t really another option. The F’Birds defenders give away too many penalties, it takes all the pressure off.

1/4 time: Swifts 15-11

Shooting accuracy and penalties hurting Firebirds. Both sides with 18 shots at goal. Penalties running 17-6 against Firebirds.

al_ex
                    Participant

I think F’Birds need to try Ellis/Hinchliffe. Jenner is just giving away so many penalties.

Romelda’s shooting is starting to bring back memories of the 2016 grand final between these two teams! Swifts 25-22

1/2 time: Swifts 30-25

Although it seemed like Firebirds made a real run at Swifts, the lead actually grew by one goal thanks to 2 Wallace super shots. Penalties and turnovers still going against Firebirds.

Wallace 22/26, Housby 6/7

Aiken 22/30,Dwan 0/2

When these teams met in round 1, Firebirds racked up an incredible 93 penalties to Swifts’ 46. They’re not going near that number today, but they’re still being penalised heavily. The current tally is Firebirds 46-17. You can’t hope to win with those numbers.

enozlas
                            Participant

I just don’t think Rudy Ellis is SSN standard… seems to just bop on her toes a lot and doesn’t contest enough to have an impact.

enozlas
                              Participant

Is it just me… or has this game been kinda lackluster?

Full time: Swifts 68-54

The last quarter was drawn thanks to an improved Firebirds performance, but the result wasn’t in doubt from midway through the 3rd Q. Swifts were more consistent, composed and patient. Turnovers against Qld 22-17 & Penalties 66-36.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top