2021 SSN ROUND 9

2021 SSN ROUND 92021-07-02T20:19:46+10:00

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 9

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Full time: Swifts 66-65

Sophie Garbin MVP. Great choice. She WAS the difference. She was the spark that allowed Swifts to get out to that good lead, and they were just able to hold on against a fast finishing Fever.

Ian Harkin
        sami j
        Participant

Sophie Garbin deserves to be a starting goal shooter. As much as I love her at the swifts, hopefully a team like collingwood or the thunderbirds pick her up to be their shooter next year

Morts
          Participant

Proud & Hadley > Anstiss & Charles every day of the week

Jbss
            Participant

Amen Morts, let’s hope Stacey sees that…
              The SS really pulled Fever into that as well as some good defence and clutch shooting

netballfan91
              Participant

Agree Morts. In my eyes, there’s no comparison between the two centre courts.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Thunderbirds 15-14

Potgieter 7/9, Horjus 6/8
                  Nelson 7/7, McCollin 6/6

It was a fast start from Collingwood, up 8-3, but the home side reeled them in and go into the second Q up by 1.

al_ex
                  Participant

The Swifts have become very good at using their possession during the super shot time. With Fraser on the court they were even better. It would have been so easy to panic with ATN and Glasgow landing all those super shots but they learnt their lesson from the Giants draw last season. A well-deserved win and great to see Akle making better substitutions. Garbin and Fraser were great. I’d love to see Sophie push on for the starting bib but historically she’s had a drop in form after big games, hopefully that won’t happen next week. Hadley and Proud should both be in the Diamonds.

ATN was really good this week, the best she’s played for Fever in ages. I think this is actually a good loss for them. They should probably consider going back to using Cosh more at WA, she was great in the final quarter. I thought taking Fowler off would be a terrible move but Glasgow and ATN really rewarded the faith.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Proud and Hadley deserve to be in the Diamonds 12 over Anstiss and Charles, no competition there. Watch neither of them make the team when it’s announced…

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Petty topping that turnover list again, I’m interested to see how McDonald goes if she stays in C for the rest of the match (doubtful she will stay on that long).

Hopefully Allen gets some solid court time and takes the chance with two hands, I’m hoping she gets a contract in the future.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Thunderbirds 32-26

Potgieter 20/22, Horjus 9/12
                          Nelson 12/12, Allen 2/3

Tbirds really got on top in that second quarter. Maisie Nankivell having a field day with 17 assists to half time. Too many turnovers from Magpies.

al_ex
                          Participant

McCollin has been such a disappointment for Collingwood, I had high hopes for her. Allen has been much better already. The Magpies have been so one-dimensional today, and now that Sterling is well on top of Nelson they’re struggling. Nankivell has been so much better this week than in previous weeks and McDonald has started to show her worth as the season has progressed.

Joyjamie
                            Participant

What a game! Great win by the Swifts. Garbin was great today. What is happening with Haythornwaite, second game running not played, is she injured?

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Thunderbirds 45-40

Potgieter 32/35, Gooden 1/2
                                Nelson 24/25, Allen 4/8

16 turnovers in that Q. Sterling had 4 intercepts to keep the Tbirds on top as Magpies challenged. Who’s going to come out on top in the last Q?

Ian Harkin

Tbirds up by 7 with 4 minutes left.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2021 SSN ROUND 9

Go to Top