2021 Test Series – Eng v Jam (Nov/Dec)

2021 Test Series – Eng v Jam (Nov/Dec)2021-09-22T23:06:08+10:00

Forums International 2021 Test Series – Eng v Jam (Nov/Dec)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: Jamaica 26-25

Harten 17/22
    Housby 5/9
    Cardwell 3/3

Fowler 23/23
    Beckford 3/5

A bit scrappy. Sterling’s pressure saw Housby replaced. When I watch a game like this, I just wonder how good Jamaica would be if they had the Australian midcourt. Or even just the Fever midcourt that usually plays with Fowler!

Ian Harkin

This Jamaican midcourt is just SO frustrating.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: England 41-35

Hartern 23/30
    Cardwell 13/13
    Housby 5/9

Fowler 30/30
    Beckford 5/7

Cardwell has made a big difference since she came on. Jamaica’s game just fell apart in that quarter. Their midcourt is very disappointing.

Ian Harkin

Full time: England 55-45

Harten 30/39
    Cardwell 20/22
    Housby 5/9

Fowler 40/41
    Beckford 5/7
    Allison 0/1

MVP: Ellie Cardwell

Comprehensive win for England in the end after a slow start. Cardwell and Usoro-Brown both made a big difference when they came on.

Ian Harkin
    greenasgxld
    Participant

Cardwell was so good when she came on, just provided the feeders with a safe pair of hands to put the ball through the net and a great physical presence. I think come Comm games, the headache will be around which out of Cardwell and Fisher get selected. IMO it would be a massive shame for either to miss out. Maybe Cardwell gets the nudge for GA coverage? Ugh I do not envy Jess and the coaching staff.

EUB changed the defensive end for England and really got under the skin of Fowler. Really SFB is better at GD/WD and I get the sense that she knows that. Still good to see her out there.

Jamaica are a solid GA, WA and C away from truly being a top international side. Their defence is as good as any side and they have the best GS in the world but their attacking midcourters let them down big time. It’s frustrating to watch.

Waylay
    Participant

My 4 England shooters would be Fisher, Cardwell, Housby and Harten. Plenty of GA cover, especially given Haythornthwaite would be able to cover GA in case of injury.

SDL definitely next in line but I just don’t think she has the presence that the other 4 have.

Ian Harkin

thunder123
    Participant

What VPN is everyone using to watch?

cookiesnjam
    Participant

I think Guthrie plays so much better with Haythornthwaite at WA compared to Malcolm. I felt like she had lost some polish but today she was so great to watch!

al_ex
    Participant

I also think they should take Harten, Housby, Fisher and Cardwell. It’s so tough on SDL but she’ll get her opportunity. Haythornthwaite isn’t a GA at international level.

The Jamaican midcourters were so poor I actually stopped watching towards the end of the third quarter. The difference in quality between Fowler/Sterling/Dehaney/Wilson and Williams/Thomas/Beckford was just striking. It’s like one bunch was an SSN all star team and the other was a state league team. They need to try and get some of their midcourters in professional leagues, but I’m not sure if there’s anyone really coming through for them.

Ian Harkin

Thunder123… “Nord”

Harvz81
    Participant

@al_ex,maybe they can train J.Ward/L.Wilson to transition from WD to C? Holly Fowler did it for bit :)

nanator
    Participant

This English team have some real selection dilemnas ahead and probably have the strongest bench out there. I think that’s going to give them the real edge at Comm Games. They’re only weakness seems to be WA backup at present

Brig
    Participant

It’s great to see sensational international netball back on the court!
    Jamaica are amazing, and so exciting to see KD and Sterling flying out for those incredible clean turnovers in the first half. Cardwell’s shooting was really solid. It made the defenders drop their heads a little i thought…. England has always had some sterling WD and defending C work, so it is not surprising that the Jamaican midcourt were finding it difficult. Some excellent pieces for both teams who have been in some hibernation- can’t wait for the next game!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Test Series – Eng v Jam (Nov/Dec)