2021 Test Series – England v Jamaica

2021 Test Series – England v Jamaica2020-12-12T07:59:59+10:00

Forums International 2021 Test Series – England v Jamaica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Ian Harkin

They’ve got Fisher shooting with a WD bib on? But good to see more international netball.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

al_ex
    Participant

This series could be pretty close! I think Jamaica might edge it but Housby, Haythornthwaite, Cobden and Guscoth are certainly strong reinforcements in important areas of the court.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Do we reckon they’re done with Pitman? Is she ineligible without an SSN contract?

She posted on her Instagram the other day commenting on missing it, in a repost of a previous series.

Ian Harkin

She’s eligible. As far as I know. But I just reckon Haythornthwaite has overtaken her and as you can see, she’s the co-captain. So Pitman isn’t seen as an important player now.

boogieya
    Participant

Chelsea, Geva & Jo are all Australian Citizens and stayed in Australia for work commitments. None of them could afford to take 6 weeks out from work.
    2 weeks to isolate on landing in UK. 2 weeks of playing 4 tests and then 2 weeks to isolate again on returning to Australia, especially with SSN pre season training starting in Feb.

It will be interesting to see how the Jamaicans who play in Australia cope with it as well. They are using the UK tour as a stepping stone to fly onto Australia afterwards. That’s if the test matches even go ahead in Jan. it’s pretty brutal here with COVID .

⚪️⚫️ Magpie fan
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌹 Rose supporter

mcleod
    Participant

They are also England citizens, who seem to pick and chose when they want to play for England.
    I don’t think they have played for the Roses since July 2019.
    Time to move on, and select those who want to play for their home country.

TB
    Participant

I think Boogieya just explained why they are not playing in this series. Which makes perfect sense.
    However, I agree with Ian, in regards to Pitman. She may not be needed by England anymore.

Ian Harkin

Yes, I fully expected that it was probably due to them being in Australia, but I did wonder about the difference with Haythornthwaite and Housby who will have to get back here after this is over.

Jinxibo
    Participant

I’m surprised this is still on with all the covid issues in the UK at the moment. I don’t know if you have heard but we’re still in our second wave. We also have a new strain of covid which is spreading quicker than the original version. London is in T4, we are supposed to stay at home and we can’t meet up with anyone outside our homes on Christmas day :cry:

France closed their border with us and many European countries have banded our flights. Have to admit I thought Australia stopped our flights too

Ian Harkin

Yeah, I was a bit surprised but I guess they have to keep planning for it in any case. We’ll see.

PICASSO123
    Participant

This test might be cancelled who knows. The Police walked in on the coronation night for Miss Universe Great Britain even though spectators and contestants had their face masks on and were distant. I have no idea how this test is still on 🤔😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Test Series – England v Jamaica