2021 UK Fast5 All Stars

2021 UK Fast5 All Stars2021-10-07T21:22:28+10:00

Forums United Kingdom 2021 UK Fast5 All Stars

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

JR
    Participant

Can someone explain how they fit 13 games into 5 hours? Are they playing some games simultaneously?

I looked up the rules. The game has 4 quarters of 6 minutes with an interval of
    1 minute between the first-second and third-fourth quarters and the half-time interval is
    3 minutes. So that’s 29 minutes.

Ian Harkin

No, pretty sure that’s not the case unless they changed the format. They do rattle the games off pretty quick though.

JR
    Participant

yeah….29 into 300 minutes doesn’t equal 13 (games)…..and what about time for the ceremony at the end?

Will record it overnight and enjoy it on Sunday morning.

Ian Harkin

Oh hang on, you said you looked up the rules. I’m guessing you looked up the rules to that international version of fast 5. The rules to this event are different. Instead of 6 minute quarters, I think they only play 6 minute halves! So the games are only 12 minutes. They rattle through the whole first round in one hour. So that’s how they can fit it in and play so many matches.

As for the power play, don’t get me started on that. 10 points for one goal???

JR
    Participant

That makes more sense – a game every ~ 20 minutes will take 4 hours and 20 minutes and then time for ‘bump in/out’ between games and ceremonies at the start and end.

Is the power play for the whole half…wow…..

Ian Harkin

No, it’s not for the whole half. They have a thing where the coach gets up and dramatically hits a “golden buzzer” and from that point on, points are doubled. But I can’t remember exactly how long the power play period lasts for.

Ian Harkin

Here you go…

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Hey guys, for any Aussie fans, if you have Kayo, you can actually watch a replay of the 2019 Fast5 All Stars competition. You just have to find the netball category and there it is.

Nate
    Participant

Golden buzzer goes for 2 minutes, Jo Harten was on fire in the 2019 addition, prefer her over Rachel dunn bombing outside shots (cant stand her lol)

Ian Harkin

Yeah, I thought it went for 2 minutes, but wasn’t 100% sure.

PICASSO123
    Participant

Any idea if this years British Fast5 Championship will be streamed on Sky Sports on YouTube?

Ian Harkin

Yes, it is. For UK people only.

Nate
    Participant

Okay a little off track but the commentator on the left looks like she’s just heading down to the local shops like super casual in her jeans and the other two dressed really nicely… looks so odd.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums United Kingdom 2021 UK Fast5 All Stars