2021 VNSL ROUND 1 & 2

2021 VNSL ROUND 1 & 22021-02-12T14:14:40+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Participant

She is a puzzling one is ALJ. Brilliant gift of height but doesn’t really use it to her advantage. She is going to be a lot taller than most of the shooters in VNSL (apart from Georgia Rowe) so she should be working on becoming a bit more intimidating.

Having trained with JF she had an alright game against her when she came on in the Lightning v Fever game but agree with Allie, her conditioning maybe isn’t as good as it should be. If you can’t get fit in a professional league like in Australia, you will struggle in the VNSL where a lot of the hard work is down to the individual player.

I think Wallam was brilliant. I already knew she was good as have heard about her from other Aussie fans and have seen a little bit of her play from You Tube games. I thought ALJ had the advantage of having played and trained in SSN whereas Wallam has not but Wallam definitely had it over her. I guess that is the advantage of being almost unknown!

I will be interested to see how she gets on against other defenders who have seen her play and will have been analysing her play after the first game. I think she is quite unorthodox though and has a slight height advantage over the VNSL defenders.

Am looking forward to the Wallam v Quashie match up tonight though! They are both strong and hard to budge.

Zara Collings
      Participant

I also cannot wait to see Wallam on Quashie tonight! Both have impressive footwork and movement for their height and it will be an excellent match up!

Also so excited to see how Rhinos stand up against a stronger attacking unit, they will have to really stick to their structures with the slightly wacky play style of the Corbin sisters so will be really interesting to see how they fare.

Wasps v Lightning is also going to be a cracker! Particularly in the midcourt with both teams having some very defensively strong middies like Flanagan, Cobden, Panagarry etc.

Going to be great :yahoo:

Jinxibo
        Participant

Thanks for posting the scores Zara

Jinxibo
          Participant

@AllieC, isn’t Wallams already in her mid twenties? Will she have a few years to make the Diamonds?

I’m assuming Garbin, Austin and Koenen will have cemented their positions by then and nettle Aus will be looking to develop the next gen from the U21. I think Walliams time is now.

I think she played and moved very well but AJL didn’t really but her under any pressure.

I too forgot about ALJ working under Dame NT, I think subconsciously that is why I was expecting more of her.

Lightning v Wasps

1/4 time: Wasps 13-11

Cholhok 11/11
              Liversedge 0/1

Dunn 6/7
              Harris 7/7

Good game. As you can see from those stats, Lightning relying almost solely on Cholhok, while the shooting load is shared evenly for Wasps. This could prove vital.

Jinxibo
              Participant

QTR 1

11-12 Wasps

End to end stuff. It was goal for goal until 6 mins in, when WASPS managed to pull away. Lightning pulled it, Cholhok almost playing like a moving shooter. Lay-ups included

1/2 time: Wasps 23-22

Cholhok 19/20
                  Liversedge 3/5

Dunn 12/15
                  Harris 11/13

What happened there? She was seemingly trying to stop time wasting and allow Lightning a chance to score, but the time was still counting down and ran out. Lightning hard done by.

3/4 time: Wasps 33-32

Still well and truly anyone’s game. You feel like Wasps should be further ahead, but any time they threaten to get on top, Lightning comes right back. Lots of tight marking and challenging for possession, making this a real battle.

Full time: Lightning 44-43

What a win for lightning. Wasps appeared headed for victory. Scores level with time running out, but they had the ball. But Lightning GA Lucy Parize took an intercept in the centre third, Lightning converted to take the lead, then played the ball around to take the win.

Will be interesting to see how Rhinos and in particular Donnell Wallam goes today. I feel it’s a big step up in defensive opposition today. She won’t face much tougher than Quashie and the Mavericks.

Jinxibo
                            Participant

Love Sara Bayman,
                              Qu-how do your teams legs feel, them having played less than 24 hours ago?

Bayman- I don’t ask them. They just have to get out there and play :whistle:

And they sure aa hell did. Allison missed to vital goals at the end that opened the door and Parize with the intercept and chase lol.

Terrible I know, but I’ve kind of lost interest in this game now. Just feeling so sad for Donnell Wallam, who was having such a great game, and it now looks like she’s suffered a serious arm injury.

Mavericks lead 22-20 at half time and really should go on with it from here now.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top