2021 VNSL ROUND 16

2021 VNSL ROUND 162021-05-14T23:53:08+10:00

Forums United Kingdom 2021 VNSL ROUND 16

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Stars 36 Rhinos 63
    (HT 18-33 Rhinos)

Rhinos raced to a 0-7 lead before Rowe put the first goal on the board and that set the tone for the entire game. Rhinos played well and the win was deserved. Wallams nailed a long shot penalty at the end of Q3, 2-point shot in SSN. At the other end Rowe showed her frustration and elbowed Oyesola to the ground.

The game’s worth watching just to hear Sara Francis Bayman’s insight into the Roses pathway.

POTM Vicki Oyesola

POTM

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Bath 55 Storm 39
    (HT 29-21 Bath)

This win secures Bath a spot in the top 4.

POTM: Imogen Allison

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Wasps 39 Sirens 44
    (HT 22-19 Wasps)

Wasps led for most of the game but never had full control. Sirens managed to stay in touch throughout, finally levelling and taking the lead in Q3 (6-15 Sirens). Last time these 2 teams met it was a draw.

POTM Gia Abernethy

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Thunder 60 Mavs 42
    (HT 31-19 Thunder)

Mavs were missing both key defenders, Quashie and Trip, and they were no match for Thunder without them.

POTM: Amy Carter

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Wasps 47 Thunder 53
    (HT 24 All)

Wasps were without Huckle (GK) and Christian (WA), both injured, however the game was still exciting. Thunder were 4 goals ahead ending the final quarter and as expected Wasps rallied once more but on this occasion it was not enough and Thunder pulled away for the win.

POTM Mvula

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME:

Pulse 35 Lightning 42
    (HT 17-24 Lightning)

Lightning secured a top 4 spot with this win. Pulse defence were getting ball but the attack were sloppy and made too many unforced errors.

POTM Sam May

Jen
    Participant

Thanks for the updates Jinxibo!

Fluffy
    Participant

Forget Fran Williams, Funmi Fadoju should be in the match day squad for the Comm Games – the girl is insanely talented, and just an interception machine! Love watching her work!

Jinxibo
    Participant

@Fluffy, I don’t think she’s ready yet. IMO she needs to work on her basic skills. A few months ago she was getting pulled for footwork, at least once every game. Then she went though a phase where she didn’t move her feet at all, not even to pivot. She doesn’t look confident passing the ball either, but that maybe her style.

I’ve convinced myself she should play WD at international level. I think she’ll be stronger poaching around the edge of the circle.

I just hope she gets selected for the muted NZ/AUS tour later this year. Having said that, I really like Allison at WD too, so glad I’m not a selector.

Fluffy
    Participant

@jinxibo – yes, a few months ago, but she’s on a VERY fast learning curve. I was reminded last night that Geva started playing internationally at 16 – Funmi is a super-fast learner, and I think would benefit from exposure to the highest level as soon as possible. She’s a game changer, whether at GD or WD.

englishrose21
    Participant

After rounds 17&18 this weekend I reckon we could end up with 3 teams tied on 31 points for the fourth place. That’s if Wasps lose, Leeds draw and then win and Mavs win both their games. Wish we then didn’t have another break after this round.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums United Kingdom 2021 VNSL ROUND 16