2021 VNSL ROUND 20

2021 VNSL ROUND 202021-06-18T17:37:59+10:00

Forums United Kingdom 2021 VNSL ROUND 20

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME

Mavs 48 Storm 35

Jo Trips last game before she goes off to explore a life outside of netball, according to the commentary team. Very emotional game with Trip and Bailey both in tears at the end.

Mav started slow but unlike last week they were able to pull it back.

Gail Davies interviewed Jo who said she wasn’t stepping away fully and would pop up somewhere…(ANZP as cover me wonders :unsure: ;-) )

POTM ECUYER-DALE

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME

Thunder 64 Sirens 37

Both teams came out firing. Sirens didn’t do much wrong but Thunder contested and challenged everything. The turnover ball to goal rate should be high!

POTM Dovey

Zara Collings
    Participant

Thunder were exceptional today. Their intensity in defence was absolutely incredible – Malcolm took the WA completely out of the game (especially Beth Dix) and they were able to generate so much ball.

POTM could have easily also gone to Amy Carter who also had one of her games of the season IMO.

Jinxibo
    Participant

FULLTIME

Dragons 39 Stars 45

Sky dubbed this game the battle at the bottom. Well it was a tight entertaining game. Stars were able to curb the errors and that was why they won (IMO).

Both the coaches are heading home to New Zealand, Bessell for a break and to see family and Hoffman to take up a development role at Tactics

POTM Paige Reid

Ian Harkin

So, as far as I can see, it’s like this…

If Bath wins or it’s a draw, they’re on top.
    If Lightning wins by 4 or more, they’re on top.
    If Lightning wins by 1 or 2, Thunder are on top.
    If Lightning wins by 3, I have no idea?????

englishrose21
    Participant

What have Guscoth & Guthrie got on their arms? It looks like the insulin measuring thing diabetics wear 🧐

Ian Harkin

What a finish!

Lightning takes out top spot and Bath drop down to 3rd! And Karyn Bailey bowed out a winner as Storm upset Wasps.

Full time: Storm 39 def Wasps 35 POTM Felisitus Kwangwa

Full time: Lightning 54 def Bath 35 POTM Beth Cobden

Bath Hammer
    Participant

It’s difficult to see Bath coming back from another thumping defeat. Something seems to have gone radically wrong inside the camp. I wonder what it can be?

Fluffy
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a case of something going radically wrong, BH, but I think they are pretty one dimensional and coaches are doing their homework on them. Lightning and Thunder can put on different line ups that play a different style – Bath don’t really have those options.

Ian Harkin

How about Wasps. At one stage this year, they were 2nd, and they ended up in 7th!!!

Yoon
    Participant

Looks like Wallam is going to be out for Rhinos for finals, she just posted on her Instagram stories that Sydney is going to be her home for the next fortnight. A real shame given she has only missed finals weekend by a few days, but good to see Rhinos fully supporting her during this difficult emotional time with her nan’s passing. Assuming everything works out with Madi Browne coming over next year and Wallam keeps to her 2 year contract (wouldn’t be surprised if one of the SSN teams tried to poach her in the free contracting period), I expect we’ll see Rhinos back in the top 4 again next season anyway.

Big ask for Rushton to come back into starting 7 after several weeks benchwarming/Rhinos not being able to play, particularly with Lightning’s current momentum. But as many players have said Finals mentality is a whole different ballpark!

Ian Harkin

Oh dear. They’ll get smashed if she’s not playing. what a waste of a finals spot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums United Kingdom 2021 VNSL ROUND 20