2022 ANZP Confirmed signings

2022 ANZP Confirmed signings2021-08-12T18:53:28+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Confirmed signings

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think it depends on the GA – both Hume, Metuarau and Vui seemed to contribute enough volume wise in spite of a dominant GS. Hopefully they are coached to do so.

Maryann
    Participant

The last few years Star has signed one very senior player so I wonder who it will be this time. Kayla Johnson (Cullen) is currently in MIQ and having been included in Ferns named squad along with the others on maternity leave you would expect that she is looking for a contract. I think she would have to go to Stars.

minkie
    Participant

Thanks Maryann re Bailey
    And yes Monica will probably follow in Bayes footsteps, not how it should be

minkie
    Participant

I was worried too Museboy
    And yep Maryann, I’d get shot lol
    My attempts at sending moo cow memes received little reaction from my sister-in-law over the weekend. But fair enough I’d open my gob.
    Thanks for the positives for Bays, it wouldve been a tough decision, have to wonder if Noels had a wee word of advice?
    Anyway hopefully this makes the comp more talented with all teams.
    Mass exodus from Pulse thou?

Kerryn
    Participant

I’m glad Bailey has come down here minkie – I think I said that a few weeks ago that I would like her to – she’ll definitely be able to play her game again – whether she is on with Ekenasio or Williams.

interesting it was Clare Kesten herself that mentioned in one of her last post match interviews about a number of players leaving Pulse…

WeWood
    Participant

And, how I think the Stars will play out:

Hume, Malesala, Wilson
    Crampton, Fowler, MRB, Mather
    Harrison, Johnson, Temu

Kerryn
    Participant

I think that’s the logical team for them WeWood

or possibly Rore instead of Harrison?

TB
    Participant

I wonder if Erikana Pederson is in talks with Magic? He a good WA option.

WeWood
    Participant

Yes Kerryn, Rore for Harrison.

Re Pedersen she was looking to have a break wasn’t she? However playing for the Magic is nice and close(r) to home so could be swayed.

From a Steel perspective we’re waiting on another shooter and the mid court aren’t we?

How I think they will end up:
    Fisher, O’Connell, Tui
    Heffernan, Saunders, Savai’inaea, Wilshier
    Burley, TPSR, Woulf

Kerryn
    Participant

I think Heffernan might just pip O’Connell for the third shooter – George and Saviour cover GS so not sure if having Jen who only plays there would work (although I would actually like to see her in at GK against Nweke!!)

minkie
    Participant

Yeah relocating to the Mount will be great (I didn’t realise that’s where team is based) typical ex Kiwi/Victorian here lol. She’ll love the atmosphere along with Meels calming talent of embracing her team mates.

ahdz
    Participant

I’m moving home so I can’t wait to watch the Magic live next year!

PICASSO123
    Participant

It would be a dream to have a fit Semple down at Steel. She had played with Fisher during Netball World Youth Cup. It’d be a dream to see that partnership again.

TB
    Participant

Great move by Faulkner! Is Rob Wright staying on as assistant?
    If he is, I feel he could do great things to Faulkner’s game. She has great speed and amazing elevation. However i feel like she hovers too much (she drives into the circle, and just stands there), this was exposed back in the Constellation Cup.

Already excited for next year. There’s going to be some great match-ups!

WeWood
    Participant

For the Steel they need a legitimate third shooting option.

I was thinking with O’Connell you would move Fisher out to GA. Feel Heffernan would be like Pelasio and not really be a go to.

Namama impressed in her cameos but she’s also firmly a GS. Also a lawyer so unsure if a full time contract would appeal.

You raise an interesting point with a fit Semple, Picasso. And she does have a connection with Fisher already like you mention. I doubt she is looking to rush back to the UK and Bloxham has shown previously she’s happy to look ouutide the region to fill gaps in her roster. Semple, a dark horse for that final Steel shooting spot perhaps.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by WeWood.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Confirmed signings