2022 ANZP Confirmed signings

2022 ANZP Confirmed signings2021-08-12T18:53:28+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Confirmed signings

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    Participant

2022 Tactix Team.

Ellie Bird.
    Karin Burger
    Charlotte Elley
    Hannah Glen
    Kate Lloyd
    Samon Nathan
    Kelera Nawai-Caucau
    Kimiora Poi
    Te Paea Selby-Rickit
    Jane Watson

Interesting when I read Kelera Nawai had signed with them, I assumed Burger was heading back to Pulse but not to be. Strong side.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Waylay.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Waylay.
    Yoon
    Participant

Tactix just announced their full roster. Burger still in, team pretty much the same as this season except no Fenwick and Pederson, and Hannah Glen, Kate Lloyd and Nawai joining.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Yoon.
    Maryann
    Participant
    steelsupporter84
    Participant

For me this Tactix side is not balanced at all. They needed a GA yes TP is there but they needed someone different to mix it up when needed. Yet they attracted another two defensive players when with Jane and Karin is there are they really needed one yes but not too. Defence heavy midcourt and shooter light.

Ian Harkin

Baller
    Participant

The article mentions the two shooters who are training partners. I think it is balanced enough with SF across the court.

Established connections are going to put them steps ahead of other teams.

No Nawai at the Pulse. Jury back at GK and Lokotui (who I highly rate), Mason at GD.

sami j
    Participant

Interesting that they have gone more defense heavy when I thought their attack end needed a little spice up

al_ex
    Participant

I can’t believe Tactix didn’t try and find some backup attacking midcourters and shooters. That’s their area of weakness. Someone like Malesala would have been great for them. Good for them that Burger is staying though, she was so valuable for them this year.

Ekenasio not getting a Tier I contract from Pulse is so strange. It’s not like the likes of Kersten was going to jump ship to another club if she got a Tier II contract. Maybe they really are looking towards the future with Metuarau. Hopefully we’ll see more of Mason next season, I thought she was incredibly under-utilised.

It’s such a shame to see Pederson step away, she’s always been such an entertaining player to watch. It’s understandable though considering her injuries. She was very unlucky to not make the Ferns again last year, if she didn’t play such a poor grand final she may well have been there.

WeWood
    Participant

Agree al_ex, Malesala would have been a great pick up for the Tactix. Maybe the Pulse?

Glen strikes me as more of a GS as well.

Heck, they could’ve gone to Kate Shearer as well but perhaps a full time contract doesn’t suit her circumstances.

WeWood
    Participant

Wonder if the change up the Tactix middies need is trying Elley and Nathan at WD/C and playing Poi more in WA?

NZChampion
    Participant

Prosser and Fenwick definitely needed to go. No impact from the bench. All 10 need to be fighting for a start.

I think Tactix are trying to combat the height of Nweke. Which makes sense to me. Let’s be honest, Tactix defence were completely outplayed for the most part in the final. Burger in WD is necessary against Toeava. Elley didnt do much this season. Which was disappointing as a fan of hers.

Otherwise they can run their usual back line against all the other teams.

Just checked out Hannah Glen’s stats in the NNL. Not pretty. Shooting percentage might continue to haunt the Tactix.

museboy
    Participant

I agree there are heaps of good bench shooters up North that are good enough to be starting, Malesala, Falkner and Semple (if fit).

Ian Harkin

Really strange that Tactix bolstered defence when it’s attack that’s the problem! We saw this year when TPSR was out at the beginning, they were very poor. And even when she plays, her shooting % is a problem. Then there’s WA. Nathan was really good on occasions, other times not so good. They could have done with a top class WA and GA.

PICASSO123
    Participant

I can’t think of a WA/GA option within New Zealand that would suit Tactix. Gemma Hazeldine? Or maybe drop Nawai and import someone like Haythornthwaite or Rademan.

thunder123
    Participant

Mystics midcourt is back, plus adding Claire O’Brien. Going for a more structured 3/4/3 balance.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Confirmed signings