2022 ANZP Elimination Final – Stars v Mystics

2022 ANZP Elimination Final – Stars v Mystics2022-06-07T13:58:02+10:00
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@kerryn there have been several players in their first games returning from covid who have played near full games. Their ability to do so is based on the severity of covid (Toeava and Earle only missed one game albeit a delayed one) and various other tests prior to the game starting. Earle was pulled shortly after she put in the most dreadful pass. Apparently brain fog can present suddenly during a game and no one can know when that will happen, if it does.
      Remember when Hume played one game, apparently Crampton was calling out to her asking if she was okay. The next few games her playing time was reduced quite a lot.

@Nate
      , do you remember when Wilson used to stand and wait too? Until Noels told her she saw her at GA 🙂 It’s great to see a holding shooter who can move when necessary.

TB
      Participant

The game also highlighted the differences in both WA players. There has been much discussion over the past few seasons about Toeava and the Ferns.
        Crampton very steady on the feed, did the work off the ball, and only had 1 turnover. Nothing flashy, just worked hard and her stats reflect that.
        Toeava had some really speccy feeds, but was guilty of being too flashy, and turned over ball at crucial times.

thunder123
        Participant

Storm Purvis interviewed Gina at the end and said she would’ve been one of the few players to not play for other Auckland franchise.
          I think there’s a few if my memory serves me correct.
          Maia Wilson
          Crampton
          MRB
          Temu
          Maelesala

Nweke
          Vui ?
          Toeava
          Earle
          MSB
          Karaka
          Stythe

Nate
          Participant

@Maryann haha so true, Maia has come a long way.

Kerryn
            Participant

@thunder123 Wilson, Malesala, and Temu all would’ve played age group reps for Auckland/Waitakere I think (Went to MAGS & St Kents)

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Go to Top