2022 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v STARS

2022 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v STARS2022-06-09T17:11:35+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v STARS

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Both Stars and Pulse teams with haka to their respective supporters to round out proceedings.

JR
    Participant

Love the speeches in Maori and the hakas.

Ian Harkin

A well-deserved title to Pulse. Stars were outplayed today, but still a tremendous effort from them to get here. A great post-match presentation. Congrats to all involved.

Ian Harkin

moooz
    Participant

Anna Harrison confirmed that was her last game.

mcleod
    Participant

Manu’a performance was important, guessing we might find out why before trialists are named.

Ian Harkin

Baller
    Participant

What are you implying Mcleod about Manu’a?

The one thing I enjoyed about the elimination and grand final was there were no time outs.

I don’t think the result changes much regarding SF trials selection TBH.

Gordon was my MVP.

Netballfan1
    Participant

Now that we’ve seen the whole season what’s everyone’s SF picks?

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Fabulous win by the Pulse. Wooohooo. Well done girls! Emphatic win. I honestly thought Stars would take it out today. They just got psyched out big time and crumbled in the first half. Jury took Wilson out of the game. No mean feat.

Bizarre subs by Wills. Why take off Hume and play your back up shooter for most of the game?

A couple of points from that game. Dunn must be a shoe in over Wilson for the GS position for the ferns. Such a cool operator. People are calling for more emotion from her. Her strength is that she doesn’t buckle under pressure and shows no emotion.

McCausland Durie should put herself forward for ferns coach. Why not. A great coach.

Amazing to think the nz tab were paying $13 for the Pulse to win at the beginning of the season.

WeWood
    Participant

Can you give us some more detail @mcleod?

Ferns triallists – how many are picked?

I think in the shooting end too many GS and not enough GA options – Eke would really only be considered GS at the moment, if she can even pass the beep test.

Dunn, Ekenasio, Mes, Metuarau, Nweke, Wilson

Midcourt the net will be cast wide I’m sure. I think Gordon’s grand final performance and ability to play all three positions will get her across the line. Crampton I just don’t see being dropped. I think Saunders will get the nod for her experience (Noels likes pinnacle event experience) and then maybe Kersten? I really don’t think she deserves to be there, but..

Crampton, Earle, Gordon, Heffernan, Kersten, Poi, MRB, Saunders, Sounness, Winders

Keen to see who’s got the fitness goods. Jury is your starting GK. I think Burger might be best placed at WD. I’d love Temu to get a ticket to Birmingham. Would mean two, potentially all three of Fitzpatrick, Johnson and Karaka don’t make it.

Burger, Burley, Fitzpatrick, Johnson, Jury, Karaka, Manu’a, Temu

mcleod
    Participant

No sorry weewood I’m sworn to secrecy, but let’s just say it’s not good news

Kwkiwi
    Participant

I think Jury also deserved mvp award. She was instrumental in that huge lead that the Pulse built up in the first half. Manua has been a great signing for the Pulse. Hope she returns to them next year.

WeWood
    Participant

Is that because several defenders won’t be making themselves available for selection, or aren’t hitting fitness targets and Manua’a is closer to Birmingham than we think, @mcleod?

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Doesn’t sound promising McLeod!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v STARS