Forum’s 2022 ANZP Player and Team of the Year

Forum’s 2022 ANZP Player and Team of the Year2022-06-12T10:07:13+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

It’s time to pick our ANZ Premiership Player of the Year and Team of the Year.

At the conclusion of today’s grand final, you can send me your picks, either by sending me a private message on here or by emailing me at sportznut67@gmail.com. If you’ve never sent a private message on here before, simply hover over the button at the top of the screen that says “Contact”, and “Private Message” pops up. Click on that and you should be able to go from there.

So, here’s what to do. For Team of the Year, you need to just pick one player for all 7 positions. And please no shifting players just to get someone on the team. By that I mean, if there are 2 GKs you like, please don’t shift one of them to GD just so you can pick both of them. They have to be the best player in their position and they must have played there regularly throughout the season.

Once you’ve picked your 7 players, then nominate one of them as your Player of the Year.

So, today’s Grand Final day. To give me your picks, firstly read the post above, then you can PM me here or email me at sportznut67@gmail.com but please wait till after the GF.

Here is the final result. Most positions were clear-cut.

Baller
          Participant

I’m surprised, my team had players from other teams besides the Pulse and Stars.

Thanks Ian for collaborating.

Player of the Year
              This was almost unanimous for Kelly Jury. Aliyah Dunn was the only other player to get a vote.

Team of the Year
              GK: Dunn won this comfortably, ahead of both Nweke and Wilson.
              GA: Metuarau had twice as many votes as Mes
              WA: Crampton won easily from Saunders, Toeava and Souness
              C: The same here. MRB won clearly from Pedersen, Saunders and Kersten
              WD: Gordon was comfortably ahead of MSB, Winders and Elley
              GD: Temu received twice as many votes as Burger
              GK: This was absolutely unanimous for Jury.

Anonymous

Thank you

Kwkiwi
                Participant

I got 6/7 ?. I had put Toeava in not Crampton as I love watching her play when she’s on song with Nweke.

Nate
                  Participant

I had Pederson, Souness and Mes instead.

JR
                    Participant

I think I had Saunders, MSB and Burger……so not great results (4/7), but not left field for the other 3.

Thanks Ian.

WeWood
                      Participant

Have to wonder how many of the above 7 will make the Ferns 12 to CWG..

Trials kick off tomorrow, hoping we don’t see a bunch of players sent home on Day 1 (assume all the baseline fitness stuff is done on arrival before they get into the match play work).

Nate
                        Participant

@WeWood i thought Noels said she was pushing back the fitness tests to as late as possible to give those players a better chance? Id like 6 of the 7 in the Ferns.

Nesian
                          Participant

Yes, I heard an interview saying that the fitness tests would be carried out as late as possible to give those who aren’t making the cut the most time to try and make the standard.

I think the Pulse players will need it. The day after the finals a number of them went down with fever and flu like symptoms and are still recovering. I think they had their awards night on Thursday and only 4-5 of the Pulse players were there.

minkie
                            Participant

Second round of covid is knocking the shite out of ppls here in Vic.
                              Plus apparently there’s now a new strain of both covid and the flu, charming.
                              Be interesting to see who makes the fitness and succeds. Think Tiana will get in over Bayes, with Grace, Maia maybe Meels, dont know about TP. Is what it is :yes:

Only 2 out of these 7 made the Comm Games team!!!

Maryann
                                Participant

I had Nweke, Mes and Pederson in my selections.

Three of the above made it to the reserves with two to travel though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top