2022 ANZP Pre-Season Matches

2022 ANZP Pre-Season Matches2022-02-04T05:28:13+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Pre-Season Matches

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    RMB
    Participant

Looks like anzp is going ahead? Just no crowds… look at the Americans with their big crowds for the super bowl! Nz is defintely way behind… however I’m in two minds as it is a precaution to keep safe & I haven’t got unwell from COVID nor has any of my friends/family so it’s not fair to give out my opinion of it being “just a cold”
    Hopefully this will give the sf prospects some experience, I shudder to think how the media will rip out the team & Dame Noeline if we don’t qualify for a medal

Maryann
    Participant

RMB – as a volunteer at the games I received an email a couple of days ago saying that Netball NZ and the franchises were working through the logistics of working under a red light setting. From this I took that it was going ahead but unlikely to have crowds unless settings change. This was in contrast to a piece I read earlier this week where there holding it after the International season was mooted (I suspect this was an opinion piece with no real substance).
    Not to worry, for me it will be nice to actually see a game played in real time on TV as where I am placed as a volunteer I have not seen a game or any part of one live for three years!
    NZ needs the season to run to schedule or as close as possible for the players and also the Ferns sake.

RMB
    Participant

Snap! I too volunteer & love it. Hoping to be involved in most of the games as I need my netball fix :yahoo:
    There was talk of just doing a north & south competition, or putting it off to November :unsure: , but I see it’s just going ahead with limited crowds.
    Yes annoying for netball nz not to make money off tickets but just pleased they get some time on the court

Rona Hunnisett
    Participant

RMB, even though I’m double jabbed, I caught it and I can tell you it isn’t “just a cold”!!!! I’ve been utterly wiped out by it – Lord knows how bad it would have been without the vaccines. Don’t believe the nonsense.

RMB
    Participant

Exactly why I put I cannot give out that opinion it’s not just as cold, I’m no scientist nor do I know how good/bad anyones immune system is…
    That’s why I feel they want to keep groups & gatherings such as sport to under 100, protect everyone. The players can have their court time fans can watch from home

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by RMB.
    Nesian
    Participant

I know NNZ have released their guidelines to the teams regarding covid. I think on Monday the teams enter a 3 week team only bubble where they are to avoid public as much as possible, no public gyms or gatherings whilst still going about their everyday lives.Not really practical. I think they really need to look at a scenario similar to the Super Rugby teams that are based in one location for 5 weeks but I suspect money plays a big factor and a lot of the players have alternate jobs or study.

Ian Harkin

Okay, sorry, but I’ve deleted a whole stack of replies here (and edited the original one which caused the fuss).

Which I don’t really like doing. I’m generally pretty lenient, but I don’t want this to just keep dragging on. Can we all just be respectful please?

RMB
    Participant

Well put :heart: I was just interested in peoples thoughts on the ANZ premiership, not a debate on COVID or players privacy
    Enjoy your week

Maryann
    Participant

RMB have you heard any of the results from the pre-season games? I’m not sure how many teams have even had games. Any standouts this early in the season?

RMB
    Participant

Watched the pulse vs the tactix before Xmas 2 x games 1 win to each team
    Saw the canty boys vs tactix 60-59
    Steel. Vs pulse that was live streamed on fb 61-49
    Magic vs Stars (not live) can’t remember score but stars won by quite a bit
    Steel vs tactix 2 x games tactix won both but only by 1
    Tactix vs Mystics (not streamed I asked Helene for score) 72-65 to mystics

Tactix are definitely missing Jane, I’m a chch girl so a supporter, they look strong & fit but I’d be surprised if they can do a final again

The pulse seemed to be nailing it, the shooting combo on point

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by RMB.
    WeWood
    Participant

RMB how have Hunt and Manu’a gone for the Pulse? I thought Manu’a was looking very fit.

Baller
    Participant

I know Pedersen is a replacement player but I think she will add another possibility as an attacking C.

Maryann
    Participant

Thanks for that RMB. Despite living in Aucks I was born in ChCh so always a Canterbury girl therefore I struggle when Tactix play Mystics. :)

Maryann
    Participant

I’ve put this under this thread – it was also on TV1 news last night.
    https://www.newsroom.co.nz/lockerroom/sulus-covid-battle-goes-straight-to-the-heart?fbclid=IwAR0n17G-iX8sgUKvU4F8KDa4_EbqOdP742WHZzUxwjbjcNveneAuMpgacTg

As mentioned at the bottom of the article this season will be like no other. I am wondering if current squad sizes will be anywhere near enough!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP Pre-Season Matches