2022 ANZP ROUND 1

2022 ANZP ROUND 12022-03-08T10:48:22+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

3/4 time: Steel 55-38

Bird 22/24 (92%)
    Selby-Rickit 12/16 (75%)

Fisher 40/43 (93%)
    G Heffernan 2/2 (100%)

A HUGE 3rd quarter for Steel, piling on 23 goals to 11. Fisher scored 20 goals herself for the quarter. Tactix were just completely overrun.

Ian Harkin

We’re going goal for goal in this last quarter, but the damage had already been done by Steel in that 3rd Q. This has just been a good all round team performance.

Jayceenz
    Participant

Well done Steel. Good game and good to see all players got off the bench and had court time. :yahoo:

Ian Harkin

Full time: Steel 71-54

Bird 32/36 (89%)
    Selby-Rickit 18/22 (82%)
    Glen 4/7 (57%)
    TOTAL 54/65 (83%)

Fisher 47/50 (94%)
    Tui 17/20 (85%)
    G Heffernan 7/9 (78%)
    TOTAL 71/79 (90%)

Penalties: Tac 43-29
    Turnovers: Tac 29-20

MVP: George Fisher (Steel)

thunder123
    Participant

Very impressed with the Magic. For most of the game their attack line (WA-GS) were all uncontracted players. Yes Rowland is a Injury replacement player, but she wasn’t in the original 10.
    Who would’ve thought Leaver would make a comeback. I was a bit worried for her to step on court but did well considering I think 2019 was her last season. Has she been playing in NZ in a lower Comp?
    Think Kersten in C and Winders WD best line up. Also think Maihi a stronger GD than Tong.

Re tactix – very disappointing game but them but props to steel. TPSR won’t be making it back to the Ferns.

Waylay
    Participant

What was up with the small crowds? Barely anyone there

Ian Harkin

Covid related I think?

Maryann
    Participant

Waylay – It hasn’t really been disclosed as to how ‘crowds’ at the ANZ games this season will be managed – in fact some season ticket holders have been seen asking if they were allowed to attend the games yesterday.
    Not sure where you hail from but Covid restrictions only allow for a max of 100 within a certain space. Even for the likes of the Cricket World Cup there are pods of 100 vaxxed allowed on the grounds within a certain area with seperate facilities, entrances, exits and so on.
    I heard the commentators say those in attendance yesterday were invited and I do know that family were allowed in so maybe they stuck to 100 within the entire venue.

minkie
    Participant

Maryann – very last minute family only invite, they were very lucky

Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

Brooke Leaver looks amazing!

Gutted to have missed the first quarter of the Magic/Mystics game. Was wanting to get a look at Bailey Mes.
    I don’t know how much you can really take from this game, as both teams were missing some key players. In some sense, it was almost like a preseason game (although it didn’t look like it, when watching).
    However it was a good start to the season for Magic.

Tactix were quite disappointing. Was expecting a lot more from them. But Steel really stepped it up. Good win from them.

Nate
    Participant

Brooke leaver, as in herself or her playing cause there is a definitely a reason why she hasnt got any playing time or team at anz level for how many years, her play style is still the same but at least she claps herself less.😖

Bailey Mes played awesome for the quarter she was allowed to play and hopefully how she continues to play for the year. Rowland really stepped up and surprising that shes only a training partner, yeah a couple of nervy held ball shots against some great defence, never seen the mytics gd play before but she was impressive and some great height.

Also thought faulkner was great too for Mystics and hopefully she doesnt get too much of a third feeder role or too much bench time when Nweke is back. Yes i know peta was semi injured but also showed what she can or cant do without Nweke, was found wanting a lot and is really a step behind the rest of the ferns mid court contentions.

Tactix were woeful tbh and it was a lot to do with their attacking end which has been together a while now and lets be fair Poi is showing reasons why she has been left out of ferns selections,if your a centre you cant be choosing when to play or stand around .

Steel were steel as usual, a solid effort but nothing flashy, still not a fan of fisher, she should get done more for contacting with her ball baulks or held balls.

TB
    Participant

Brooke Leaver “as in herself”. She has dropped so much weight.

Ian Harkin
    Baller
    Participant

Either it is a genius move or big mistake having the two SF C battling week in week out for the C bib?

I think back to Ekenasio’s Pure interview and how she how to push herself each week to get courttime.

I guess this week’s winner is Kersten.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 1