2022 ANZP ROUND 10

2022 ANZP ROUND 102022-05-13T08:26:31+10:00
Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thunderbirds need a shooter who will do the 2 pointers, not a clone of lenize.

Netballfan1
      Participant

Another magic game, another warning for Winders… she could have seriously injured Saunders. It’s not on

Nate
        Participant

Exactly my point @Mcleod haha

What about Saunders shove to injury Lokotui? ?‍♂️

Netballfan1
          Participant

I’m not excusing whay Saunders did to Lokotui. However, Winders (unlike Saunders) has a clear pattern of persistent contacts and dangerous play. I can’t think of any player who would come close to getting a caution/warning a game like she does. She needs to clean up her game

Kwkiwi
            Participant

Good win by the steel. Glad Fisher kept her composure despite a lot of aggravation from Mikaere and inconsistent umpiring. That elbow swing to the head of Fisher from Mikaere would have been almost an ejection from the game in the NBA. But that woman umpire called it against Fisher! Go figure!! I thought Fisher played well. agree Nesian, I’m sure she’ll end up at Ssn at some stage. Btw is it ok for Mikaere to obstruct the ball being returned to centre after a goal is scored, without ever getting warned about that?

You’d also have wonder if the in season shooting stats are going to have any bearing on Taurus’s selections or is she basing decisions more on the trials and her fitness criteria. Shooting in the 60s-70s isn’t really going to be good enough against the diamonds. I don’t think rebounds off missed shots are going to come as easily against the likes of Bruce and Westin either.

I don’t like Fuller’s commentary. Too much talking. Also how impartial can a commentator be being a Silver Ferns selector as well? In the end I turned off the sound and found that quite good ?.

TB
              Participant

I feel the fitter Ekenasio gets, the better her shooting % will get. She still has a fair way to go til she gets to full fitness. Only really noticed this in the last quarter, but there were times she wasn’t even playing defence.

minkie
                Participant

Nate, am thinking maybe Bailey was trying to cover too many other positions instead of just her own. Run out of steam? 3 weeks post covid fir her and Meels so assume they’re still getting there?

Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Go to Top