2022 ANZP ROUND 10

2022 ANZP ROUND 102022-05-13T08:26:31+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 10

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)
  • Author

3/4 time: Mystics 51-47

In the end, that quarter was dead level. 17-17. There’s really very little in this game for defenders, which makes it tough for Tactix to try to claw this back.

Bird 32/34 (94%)
    Selby-Rickit 15/18 (83%)

Nweke 44/47 (94%)
    Vui 2/2 (100%)

Ian Harkin

Grace Nweke has gone down awkwardly! She’s being assisted off the court. Hopefully it’s not serious!

WeWood
    Participant

Didn’t see the incident but see she’s puffy in the eyes on the sidelines. Was it a knee looking injury Ian?

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by WeWood.
    miaomiao22
    Participant

wewood it looked like an ankle injury

Ian Harkin

Yeah, ankle, lower leg. She got up with assistance, then started to hobble off by herself, but in the end, had to be helped off.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Mystics 69-58

Bird 38/40 (95%)
    Selby-Rickit 20/24 (83%)
    TOTAL 58/64 (91%)

Nweke 52/55 (95%)
    Falkner 10/13 (77%)
    Vui 7/12 (58%)
    TOTAL 69/80 (86%)

Assists: Toeava 27
    Gains: Karaka 3

MVP: Peta Toeava (Mystics)

NZChampion
    Participant

I must say all shooters put on a good display today. Except probably the Mystics GAs. Maia and Jamie, Meels and Mes, Nweke, TP and Bird. Noeline asked for the Silverferns to stand up, and they sure did today.

Anyone notice Winders nearly gets a caution every game? Lol.

Nweke did her ankle very badly. Looked horrible on the replay. Poi was exceptional, did all she could to get her team over the line. Samon Samon has been a liability lately. Definitely need to explore Poi more in WA. Burger had a great game too.

Baller
    Participant

I think Nweke had all sorts running through her mind when it happened. Hopefully more the shock and then followed by a quick recovery.

Oddly enough, I was just thinking if Ekenasio is progressing nicely with her fitness it really does open up the door for Nweke at Comm games.

Overall, all the teams have stepped up this round.

RMB
    Participant

They got rid of last years one to, well she got rid of herself… I mean can you keep changing the coach?
    They are a team with a heavy SF presence but she never really recited a WA either

RMB
    Participant

Wilson certainly improved about 200% Crampton really helped

mcleod
    Participant

Best I have seen Maia play in long time, meels was great, Hume better, crampton been waiting all year for that performance, poi excellent, Burger yip. Kersten no.

HBHP
    Participant

Can someone explain why Winders is so beloved by the commentary team?
    She gets cautioned nearly every game and shows disrespect to the ref yet this is blown off as ‘passion’ or being ‘nuggety’.

Nate
    Participant

I love me some Winsers and I call it Nuggetiness, not a fan of the cautions for dissent by anyone. I think she gets cautioned every fame cause shes being that nuisance wd or c that is trying to disrupt the opposing attacking end so that can be deliberate obstructions or contacts I guess.

Much better shooting from all games so far. Why is it so hard to put Edgecombe back to Wd and shuffle the others up one position?

Coach does need to go, most other sports wouldve replaced her already with the run of results and her questionable substitutions.

Will be interesting how Mystics will play without Nweke. So laughable the commentary saying, oh looks like a rolled ankle she’ll be right in a few days.

Usually landing on someone’s foot and going down that sharply is like a high ankle sprain or some ligament trauma or damage at least 6 weeks recovery. Highly unlikely to play again this season. But hoping I’m wrong then.

Still love Poi shifting to WA, reminds me of Temepara when she went from C to WA

2legit2quit
    Participant

What’s been nice about watching Crampton and Reuelu-Buchanan is that they are both natural attacking players and this makes for fast, long, and polished netball. NT has been obsessed with picking a defensive C like Winders and Kersten and in my opinion, neither one of them has that natural attacking prowess and are too predictable.

Maybe NT is looking for the next Langman, who knows. But I wish she would think outside the square and look to Reuelu or Poi (or both) to fill that C gap.

mcleod
    Participant

Hume also got cautioned for questioning the umpire yesterday. NZ umps like to caution players. Be interesting to see how mystics go without Grace (if she out for a few games, they lost to magic in Rd 1 when she didn’t play.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 10