2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Okay going to throw the cat among the pigeons and say Noels already has her ideal Centre in the Silver Ferns but as of yet untested! One of the better centres for feeds etc this year would have to be Kate Heffernan.

Centres don’t have to be short!! They can be tall and have amazing wing spans and height all,of which she uses to her advantage!! B-)

WeWood
      Participant

I am a Heffernan fan. Heck I’d have her over both Kersten and Winders as both my C and WD.

But I just don’t understand how Noels’s can dispel the Con Cup and how Poi absolutely ripped open both those third and fourth tests. I thought for all money that series was going to be the death of the Kersten at C experiment, but since then Poi hasn’t been back in black and Kersten has continually got opportunities.

I’m hoping of a Poi return to the Ferns for CWG in a similar way to Mes in 2019.

Pulse:
          GS Dunn
          GA Metuarau
          WA Souness
          C Pedersen
          WD Gordon
          GD Manu’a
          GK Jury

Tactix:
          GS Bird
          GA Selby-Rickit
          WA Nathan
          C Poi
          WD Elley
          GD Burger
          GK Nawai-Caucau

A penalty shot right on 1/4 time from Te Paea Selby-Rickit makes the score Pulse 14 – Tactix 12.

Uncharacteristically, Pulse had no possession gains in that Q, but they were helped out by 5 turnovers to 2 from Tactix.

TB
            Participant

I wonder if there’s more to it, when it comes to Poi. Like maybe there’s some sort of attitude problem or something like that?

What I can’t understand is how Wilson can have some shocking shooting performances at ANZ level. But still manage to keep her starting spot at Ferns level (fortunately she performs better in the black dress). If past performances are to go by, then it confuses me as to why Poi has been completely left out ?‍♂️ She has been a game changer in quite a few Ferns games.

Tactix drew to within one goal, but Pulse then proceeded to go on an 8-goal run and blow the game apart. They now lead by 10!

WeWood
                Participant

She definitely comes across as quite shy/reserved. I was surprised she got the Tactix captaincy role over Burger.

Can’t be her fitness, no problems there.

1/2 time: Pulse 32-22

Dunn 22/25 (88%)
                    Metuarau 10/11 (91%)

Bird 17/19 (89%)
                    Selby-Rickit 5/5 (100%)

Well, that escalated quickly! Tactix was threatening, down 22-21 and with possession, when an incredible change came over the game… 8 straight goals to Pulse!

mcleod
                    Participant

Toeava doesn’t even speak and she made the ferns. It’s very clear Kersten is Noel’s buddy, so poi has no chance

RMB
                      Participant

Always wondered why she never talks? She doesn’t do the press either… but shy?

Nate
                        Participant

TPSR back to her normal self

Super boring game to watch

Deb Fuller doesn’t make it any better

WeWood
                          Participant

When Toeava got MVP a couple weeks ago she had Earle by her side during the interview as a support person.

I also remember the interview with her and Robyn Henry when she made the Ferns back in 2018. Robyn basically did all the talking.

Toeava does her talking on the court though!

RMB
                            Participant

Yea she always seemed to have the support person almost looks like a bit of social anxiety maybe, without speculating

As a tactix supporter this suxs… might go to bed

mcleod
                              Participant

Just when I thought te paea was coming right, she produces this rubbish

Pulse continuing to push on here, with a commanding 14-goal lead now. Getting heaps of ball thanks to Jury and Manu’a and converting it well at the other end. Pulse 47-33

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 191 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top