2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m unfamiliar with Toeava not speaking? Meaning she’s not comfortable or English isn’t a first language? Can anyone elaborate for me please?

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Pulse 48-36

Dunn 34/38 (89%)
    Metuarau 14/16 (88%)

Bird 29/34 (85%)
    Selby-Rickit 7/8 (88%)

Penalties: Tactix 51-36
    Turnovers: Tactix 16-10

Assists: Souness 16
    Gains: Jury 5

RMB
    Participant

Doesn’t do interviews with press, very rare, doesn’t say alot & has to have someone beside her.

I hope no one takes offence to this but it is quite common of Samoan descent?

Maryann
    Participant

The article is a newsroom one titled ‘once shy toeava grabs her time to shine’

Talks about how shy she was and how much confidence she lacked and how she found her voice to talk to her fellow players. She still won’t talk to media without someone with her.

Maryann
    Participant

RMB – yes can be common particularly if english is their second language. I actually don’t know any ladies of Pacific descent (and I know a lot) who are loud and push themselves forwards, they are always very softly spoken.

RMB
    Participant

Got a couple of friends who English was their 2nd language and they all quite loud LOL
    But you’re right Pacifica ladies are always softly spoken

Nate
    Participant

Thank you for informing me.

I really think Bird has outplayed Jury this game.

Ian Harkin

With this game wrapped up, Pulse puts all of the benchies on!

Ian Harkin
    WeWood
    Participant

If Fisher heads to AU, am sure the Steel will make a play for Walmsley. Too good to be riding the pine.

Nesian
    Participant

Yes, Toeava is softly spoken off the court but she is loud on the court. I remember an interview when she was talking about the black dress and what it meant to her and her family, she was tearing up while trying to talk. Her brother was also an All Black

TPSR went missing a bit in this game unfortunately. Bird seems to get a lot of flack but I rate her. Didn’t have her best shooting night but get her the ball around the hoop and she is usually money.

Good win for the Pulse though. Bring on the Mystics.

WeWood
    Participant

So with that loss Tactix are dead and buried to make semis. Steel are a mathematical chance, but need other results to go their way and a clean sheet in their last 3 games. So really the chase is on for Pulse to overtake the Mystics and host the grand final? Have I got that right?

Ian Harkin

Full time: Pulse 62-49

Dunn 43/48 (90%)
    Metuarau 17/20 (85%)
    Walmsley 1/1 (100%)
    Matoe 1/1 (100%)
    TOTAL 62/70 (89%)

Bird 39/45 (87%)
    Selby-Rickit 10/12 (83%)
    TOTAL 49/57 (86%)

Assists: Selby-Rickit 22
    Gains: Jury 7

MVP: Kristiana Manu’a (Pulse)

Nate
    Participant

Yep Bird had some snazzy moves tonight.

Burger got too caught up with the smash and bash with Tiana, brought the umpire in too much and ended up chasing around doing nothing really.

Tactix ended up looking tired after a long week. I rate Elley at WD, not sure why she was taking off?

Not a huge fan of Pulse, I think they have a smell of arrogance about them and not liking the man on man defence anyways, but I hope they push ahead of Mystics to just show you can’t rely on one shooter.

mcleod
    Participant

Manu’a is a very good chance to make the ferns. 2 Australian accents in the ferns. Fuller doesn’t like the lazy 1 hand pass though.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11