2022 ANZP ROUND 11

2022 ANZP ROUND 112022-05-20T22:36:47+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@WeWood – close
    If the Stars win all their last three games and up their shooting percentage they can also go to top. They have three games left – I don’t know who they are against and when they are being played.

Baller
    Participant

Oh really does make the Mystics vs Pulse game interesting if potentially the Mystics lose their home game advantage. Even as a Pulse supporter I would prefer Nweke to be back but I suspect she won’t be just yet.

Another game with decent shooting stats.

Maryann
    Participant

What it really does is make the last game/s of the season be must wins for the three top teams. Steel can still make top three if they don’t drop any more games but once again their shooting percentage is too low.
    My gut feeling is that Pulse will take top spot.

Nate
    Participant

Let’s be honest we all don’t understand how Fuller made SF assistant coach other than being bffs with Noels right?

Woeful coach, average player and subpar commentator makes for an international standard CV.

RMB
    Participant

I’m not even a pulse or mystics supporter, although Sulu is a complete honey don’t get me wrong, but love to wipe that smug look off Helene’s face, let the pulse take the trophy

WeWood
    Participant

@Nate I didn’t think much of Fuller in the Mystics days, but definitely seems to be a good foil to Taurua and really helped to carry the Ferns while Taurua was at the Lightning in 2019.

A good support act, not the main show if that makes sense?

Baller
    Participant

Speaking of coaches, I love how YMD talks about developing the next SF. Just look at Temu, MRB and Savai’inaea, all players under her previous guidance.

mcleod
    Participant

Stars v steel, steel, magic
    Pulse v mystics, tactix.
    Mystic v pulse.

Kerryn
    Participant

@Baller I think all three of those players have flourished since moving away from Pulse. was disappointed that she hasn’t played Walmsley more – especially when they’ve had some big leads – she should’ve learnt from Mystics who’ve faltered after Grace’s injury – if Dunn went down they’d be pretty screwed (would’ve actually been the perfect time last night to bring Walmsley on in the last quarte and move Dunn out to GA)

Nesian
    Participant

I too thought the subs might have got more of a run which would have been great but then I thought of the points differential and maybe they had an eye on that?

Jayceenz
    Participant

Okay since we are discussing pulse players does anyone else feel Tiana has gone back to her old bully ways at times and taken a step backwards with her playing?? Just feel watching her compared last year to this year she was a lot cleaner but now she is back to pushing and doing stupid passes.

thunder123
    Participant

Agree. Loved Tiana at the Steel last year. She played with a lot of flair and clean

Kerryn
    Participant

totally agree, I think she comes across on the court as quite the diva, and sounds very elitist when she speaks, might just be her confidence – but doesn’t come across that way

Kwkiwi
    Participant

@nate agree on why is Fuller an assistant coach? Apart from being Tauruas friend. What about why is Gail Parata an assistant coach of the Ferns? Her season at the Pulse was a disaster. Wonder how much they are all getting paid as well. Taurua seems to make ferns selections on similar lines. Wouldn’t be surprised if she selects Johnson even though I don’t think she has had a stand out season. They just come out with ‘oh she trialled so well, we included her etc etc’.

Great win by the Pulse last night. With regards to Tiarna I beg to disagree. She hit the floor a number of times. Didn’t see Burger on the floor much. Looking at the game Burger on sone replays she looked like she was out to play extremely physical. Grabbing Metuarau’s arm etc.

Manu’a must be in the running for the Ferns. She played really well last night.

mcleod
    Participant

I get the feeling Burger is very frustrated, wonder if she be back at tactix next year, I guess if Jane Watson is back, that will make things much better. I expect some interesting signings by all teams in 2023, WC year so need to show what they have.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2022 ANZP ROUND 11